So I have had my PRS SE electric guitar for about a month now, the strings on one have a oily layer on them which stops you from moving your hand over them fast. I tried cleaning it off without any luck

The strings on both are stock and so I decided I would just replace them on both guitars to save money on string cleaning products although I did get a string and body cleaning cloth for each guitar.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DAddario-EXL116-XL-Guitar-Strings-Medium-TopHeavy-Bottom?sku=108300

I ordered those along with a few other things....And as usual I forgot an order...A Capo. Anyways it will be here Tuesday.

I have never replaced all the strings on a guitar before. Some have said just slack them all and put them on loose as first then slowly tension them all to their proper spot. Others have said to slack one at a time and replace them one by one tension them up properly before moving to the next string.

What is the best way to do this?
And
How much room, (in inches) should I leave at the tuner where the string wraps around?

Thanks for any and all information.
Unless you have to do maintenance on the frets or fretboard then it's better to remove one string and replace at a time.
Here's how I do it, others may have different methods (you'll need some good wirecutters) :-
Start with the bottom E and slacken it off until there's no tension. Cut the string with a wire cutters just below the tuner. Carefully remove the string coil from around the tuner, and then remove the rest of the string. Take your new E string and feed it through from the bridge and over the nut. At this stage pull it as tight as you can and wind it anticlockwise (clockwise if it's a lefthander) around the tuning post for three complete turns, making sure that all of the turns are below the hole in the tuning post. Finally thread the end of the string through this hole and pull as tight as you can. Wind the tuner up to pitch, bend the protruding string where it exits the tuner post hole and cut it off. Repeat for the other strings. When you've done all the strings pre-stretch the strings by either playing hard strumming for a while, or by pulling each string upwards around the middle of the fretboard and letting it go. Finally retune all strings again.
As I've said, there are other methods which involve threading the string thru the post first, and allowing some string slack to allow for the windings. The advantage with the method I've described is that you don't have to calculate any slack. Moreover the string comes from the bottom of the post giving the greatest angle to the nut (ideal), and as you wind the string up to tension the turns are forced up the tuning post thereby anchoring the string in the post hole.
Quote by moody07747
I must say the video explained what to do but as for lighting and audio levels....they really need to work on that.

ill read the rest of the posts here and then get to work Tuesday, thanks for all the help guys

Yeah but i think the video was kind of homemade but what can you say it was free
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
well it helped me out, i restrung both my guitars

first was done in about 45 minutes, second in just 30 minutes

if i did this once a day i would do it in 10 minutes lol

in my mind it was hard to do but after giving it a try ill restring my own guitars from now on and not spend $30 to have it done at the store.

next comes new pickups