i have to decide a gift on my bday which is on the 4th of july. i can either get an acoustic guitar or a multi-effects pedal. so have to chose one of them. Is it better to use single pedals than use multi effects.

The one i was checking is the digitech RP300A. it is around 199 ollars from guitar center. and the acoustic guitar is around 220 dollars. i havent decided on which acoustic guitar i have to buy as they have many there for within the price range.

if it is better to use individual pedals than multi then i would go on and buy the acoustic as i can buy individual pedals over the course of time. or can u suggest any acoustic guitars, if anyone has purchased it from guitar center within 220 dollars and some review on it.

P.S- am not a pro at playing guitar but definately not a begineer. I had got myself a yamaha EG112 electric guitar to learn and still use it. the next will be my 2nd guitar.
any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance.
Last edited by kennethmiranda at Jun 24, 2006,
Which one do you need more? Or which one would you use more? I'd decide on those factors.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
go for the acoustic, I don't think you need effects yet.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
ask for cash...if you only have 200 bucks you cant really get a good acoustic...and unless its a gnx series, digitech pedals arent too good.
i would probably get the effects if i were you... it will be really fun to mess with while playing and will inspire you to play even more.. i think that if you were to get an acustic you should save and get a decent acustic/electric...

and yes.. single pedals do sound much better than multi but seeing that you dont do gigs (?) i would get the multi effects to play with...
yo
What type of songs do you play.

Maybe a new amp with lots of effects built in?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
The Digitech RP's are awful. I've tried two different models, and my friend owns one.

If you want a multi-effects pedal, look for something from Boss.

I prefer single pedals.

All my personal opinion, though.
hey
thanx people its been just an hour since i posted and got this many reply's. anyways i wll be moving on to texas A&M unive this fall and dont think i will be able to take my equipment there. and like since am not working i dont have the money. my mom said sh can give me the gift but it should not be that exp. once i move to the univ i will start working then will have some money. i wanted the acoustic coz i wanted to play in that field to. i do play rock but my **** amp has drive button and its ok. anyways please reply.
i though of buy the acoustic and buy pedals like boss DS-1 or DS-2 once every 3 months so within a year i should have something. please recommend any acoustic guitar or pedal just in case.
thanx
What kind of amp have you got? It may be a better deal for you than an effects pedal. I know, I bought plenty of them, and yet now my setup is Guitar --> Amp
i have the amp which came with my package its a ****ty one...........anyways i have started to keep aside some of my allowances so that i can buy a pretty decent one by the end of my first semester at the university.................... since i have to buy a lot of equipment and all that i have to go slowly. one at a time. like i heard there is this deal on guuitar center that if u buy a equipment u geet a gift card back for 10 % of the amount all the way thru june ie till june30. so if i buy an acoustic and get 10 % back could end up buying th boss DS-1 ...............................
i did see a group of guitars online. please suggest if they worth it or not.

Ibanez V70CE acoutic-electric guitar (199$)
ibanez TCY10 TALMAN acoustic-electric guitar (199$)
Epiphone AJ-100CE acoustic electric guitar (149$)

Ibanez AEL10E acoutic electric guitar with onboard tuner(299$)
takamine GS330S acoustic electric guitar (299$)
ibanez PF5ECE performance series acoustic electrc cutaway guitar. (299$)

I know this is a long list but please help me out on this. any help wold be appreaciated.
thankx in advance.