Ok so my guitar teacher keeps going on that im keeping my middle finger too far away from the frets when im not using it but he didnt really tell me how to stop doing it so i was wondering if anyone could help me.

thanks
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Just hover as close as you can to it.... you dont it too far away or you won't be able to play as fast.
It begins with P and ends in E. When you're going slow enough to control your finger muscles independently, you can manipulate them.

So use it.

Practice slow enough, with enough concentration and awareness while consciously keeping your middle finger floating above the respective fret until it becomes a subconscious habit.
thanks
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Practice very slowly and make a focused effort to keep your finger as low as possible while playing exercises slowly. It's much easier to do at slow speeds than at fast speeds. I would describe it as a finger strength and control issue. It's easier to flip your finger up than keep it just above a string. Over time, you'll be able to do it a lot easier and be faster because of it. Just start slow and you'll get the hang of it much quicker.
Quote by Bob Sacamano
Practice very slowly and make a focused effort to keep your finger as low as possible while playing exercises slowly. It's much easier to do at slow speeds than at fast speeds. I would describe it as a finger strength and control issue. It's easier to flip your finger up than keep it just above a string. Over time, you'll be able to do it a lot easier and be faster because of it. Just start slow and you'll get the hang of it much quicker.

''Polly want a cracker''?
I had the same problem with my little finger.

All i did was use a metronome, go up and down scales etc and eveytime my little finger shot up i started again, i soon stopped

It seems impossible for a bit, but its really easy to stop.

John were have you been? havent seen you around.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side