I can't wait to play one. They fixed everything that was wrong with the old ones: the new standard strat now has medium-jumbo frets, which are larger and so much cleaner sounding and easier to play (same frets as on the american strat), and also it now has the same bridge block as the american strat too--heavier for more sustain, tone, power, etc. May Fender burn in hell for not doing this earlier, I wasted my money on a piece of crap standard strat just a year ago. Allegedly the same upgrades are on standard series teles, P-basses and J-basses (except the bridge block, cuz none of those have trems and thus don't need bridge blocks), and the teles even have hotter pickups now. Has anyone played any of these yet? How do they compare with the American series, and with the old standard series?
First off, Wrong Forum. Secondly, supposedly they are pretty good, not vast imporovementes, but enough. Third, i honestly am not a huge fun of strats... so I am not excited enough to go play one.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
They're not huge changes. The fretwire change is cool, I agree, and the fact that they come with free gigbags now is also cool, but the trem block thing really isn't that huge of an improvement unless you have your trem floating, which MexiStrats really aren't built for.
Nice improvements, but nothing major. Still, a quality guitar gets a bit better.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Im going to put one on layaway in an hour or two, the Standard strat in a brown sunburst and rosewood fretboard. I just going for feel since Im going to change the whole harness to a Lindy Fralin Custom Harness. Damn I only need $85 to get it out of layaway.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
they're great and not much different from the American at all.
But the block is different than the MIA Strat.. but definately bigger