i've never played one but everyone on here seems to think pretty highly of them
well that guitar has three humbuckers, and a strat has 3 single coils, so can you really compar the sound?...in terms of playability i couldnt tell you...i would get the strat though
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

I've got the ST-802 and I love it to death.

I find it soo much better then a lot of the MIM strats I've tried. Some of the MIM at my local shop had very shrap fret ends, and buzzed like crazy (but like I said "some", there are some good ones out there, but more lemons then gems in my experience)

The only thing I'd do If I were you (if you get an agile) would be to swap out the pups asap cause there not very good. And if you do that you might aswell get all new electronics like I did, it will sound a hell of a lot better.

Other then that the guitars and very well made, you might need to get the truss rod adjusted if you like really low action though. But for me, mine was perfect, because I like a little higher action.

EDIT: why do you ask about how they compare to the Fender MIM strats yet you don't want the strat copy?
Hai UG!
well see Im not much of a guitar tech and dont know about low action and what pups are I just like to play whatever I get and I just want a good guitar.
Quote by demea
Piece
O f
Junk

Says the man who's probably never touched an agile.

Pups are pickups.

Action is how much space between the string and frets.

Is this going to be your first electric guitar?
Hai UG!
no my first guitar was an epiphone special II I've had it for almost two years and now I want something else but i was happy with it
The reviews for this guitar are pretty good on Harmony Central. Bookmark this site BTW, it's a great place to get a perspective on gear you might be considering.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Agile/Harm_3_Semi_Hollow-1.html

But since this guitar is coming straight from the factory, and like you said you're not much of a "guitar tech" it will probably need some work that you're not able to do. So you'd probably have to bring it in to a shop to get whatever problems it may have fixed.

Most common problems you might encounter with a guitar straight from the factory is the action will most likely need to be adjusted to your needs, it will definately need to be properly intonated, may need to file the nut or even get a replacement if it the slots were cut too deep, and truss rod may require some adjustments.

But in my experience with guitars from my local shop these things mentioned will need to be fixed/adjusted to my playing style and personal preference, so I wouldn't get too worried about encountering these problems.
Hai UG!
Quote by L_Z_Nut
The reviews for this guitar are pretty good on Harmony Central. Bookmark this site BTW, it's a great place to get a perspective on gear you might be considering.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Agile/Harm_3_Semi_Hollow-1.html

But since this guitar is coming straight from the factory, and like you said you're not much of a "guitar tech" it will probably need some work that you're not able to do. So you'd probably have to bring it in to a shop to get whatever problems it may have fixed.

Most common problems you might encounter with a guitar straight from the factory is the action will most likely need to be adjusted to your needs, it will definately need to be properly intonated, may need to file the nut or even get a replacement if it the slots were cut too deep, and truss rod may require some adjustments.

But in my experience with guitars from my local shop these things mentioned will need to be fixed/adjusted to my playing style and personal preference, so I wouldn't get too worried about encountering these problems.

hmm maybe i should just get a stratocaster then.
but im afraid to get a strat because they are made in mexico and people said that was bad even though the guitar I have now was made in china
If you can find a good MIM strat and it's not too expensive then go for it, there actually very good when you find a nice playable one. I have nothing against MIM strats, except for the majority of the bad ones that are out there. Its just that in my situation a lot of the stores in my area are soo overpriced that when I find a good MIM the store knows its good a marks the price up $75-$100 more then the otheres. Thats why I went for Agile. If I got a lemon I could send it back and get a new one, and they're all the same price.
Hai UG!
Quote by MastaBassist10
You get what you pay for, son. Just always remember that.

I've got a few years under my belt on this big blue marble and one thing I've learned over that time is that sometimes you get more than what you pay for, other times less. I've heard of many people paying 2 grand for a Gibby and not being very happy at all with it.
Quote by MastaBassist10

Actually, you don't always get what you pay for, but you do always pay for what you get.

I own an Agile AL-3000 and it's my go to guitar right now. Plays great, looks great, sounds great, well built with good materials and finish work. I can highly recommend it.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I still don't know if I should trust Kurt, I mean everyone on HC complains about huge *** flaws...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
There are plenty of options if you aren't comfortable buying from Rondo. I had no problems with them and got a quality instrument.

The Mexican Strat isn't a bad idea but you have to hand pick your guitar because the quality assurance is sketchy, some are nice, some blow.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I own the Agile PS-900 (PRS copy), Agile AL-2800 (Les Paul copy), Agile TC-630 (Telecaster copy), and just received my Agile ST-1000 (Strat copy)...and I have played my friend's Agile Valkyrie Prestige (SG copy).

Every single guitar that I've bought from Kurt have been amazing for the low price. They used to be even cheaper than today though (all guitars were 20 dollars less because they were not as popular but that's changing slowly..)

Anyways, every guitar that own from Agile came set up very nicely and only the PS-900 had one very tiny finish blem behind the guitar on the heel of the neck. Every guitar's electronics are fine and I love the Grover tuners that they come with, especially the Wilkenson locking tuners on the ST-1000. I upgraded my PS-900's to Grover locking ones though..
The pickups are the best I've ever heard in any copy brand. The only ones that I might consider upgrading are the neck pickup in the AL-2800 (a little too muddy for me), and maybe the bridge pickup in the ST-1000 (only because I'd like something hotter).

In addition, Kurt is always extremely helpful and quick to respond to any questions (replied in a couple of hours or 1 day at most). If there is anything wrong with the guitar you can send them back over and over (they pay for shipping) until you get what you like. In fact, you can buy one, and if you don't like it, just return it. I recommend doing that as that will be the only way how much of a great value Agiles really are.

By the way, I own a 2005 Fender Strat MIM and honestly now that I've received my ST-1000, I don't think I'll be playing it much since the electronics, pickups, bridge, tuners, neck, (and probably body wood as well) are superior in the Agile..all while costing 80+ dollars less..As for the new 2006 MIM which has a steel block now (great improvement for sustain), I tried them out at GC the other day and would have to say that I'd still go with my ST-1000..especially since the price of the Standard MIM is now pumped up to 400 plus tax.

But most importantly as with purchasing anything. Try them out for yourself as you are the only person who knows exactly what you like/dislike and want/don't want.
blank
Last edited by chaosoftheauRa at Jun 24, 2006,
I just tried ordering a 3000 from him. They were all out on his site so i checked ebay and it said they had 3 left so i went ahead and ordered one. Little to my surprise 4 days later i get an email from him saying "Sorry there was a stocking error, this item is out of stock. You will be refunded in full."
Quote by aznrockerdude
I still don't know if I should trust Kurt, I mean everyone on HC complains about huge *** flaws...

What "huge fucking flaws" do you speak of, I'm not trying to flame you or start an arguement or anything I just think that you should provide some proof before you make such allegations. Maybe a link or something.

Kurt is very trustworthy. And his return policy is a lot better then any other guitar retailer online. But if you think you'll be too worried or something then just get a MIM strat, and if you do, really look around. Don't just go to 1 shop and get the best one they have look around as many places possible.
Hai UG!
Quote by MastaBassist10

I think that most of the time you DONT get what you pay for
So little time, so much Agile cocksucking.

Does Rondo pay people to go on forums and say good things about the guitars?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
^no, but he did give me a damn good guitar for about $175 less then my local store. Don't be a hater.
Hai UG!
I can't hate Agile guitars; I've never tried one. I just can't stand hype.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by StaggHound
I can't hate Agile guitars; I've never tried one. I just can't stand hype.

I agree, it does get a little annoying, but those who own them can't help it. I own an Agile 2500 (in sexy heritage cherry), and seriously, I got alot more than I payed for. A little lucky though, because mine had no flaws and was almost setup perfectly, which isn't a constant outcome I guess.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.