I just wanted to know - is there any way to change the standard bridge in Les Paul to floyd rose? Does this need only to make hole for floyd rose springs, or needs some more work (with vertical positioning and scale length?)
Nope. Because of the way a tune-o-matic bridge is up off the body and the angle between the neck and the body.
You can't mount the bridge that high.

Though there was some company that made a top mounted trem, can't remember the name (Kahler? really can't remember)

If you want a trem thats better than a bigsby type one on a Gibson try a http://www.stetsbar.com/ (they are a bit pricey though)
Quote by seljer
Nope. Because of the way a tune-o-matic bridge is up off the body and the angle between the neck and the body.
You can't mount the bridge that high.

Though there was some company that made a top mounted trem, can't remember the name (Kahler? really can't remember)

You mean bigsby? http://www.bigsbyguitars.com/
I put aa bigsby on my les paul copy but if yer gonna do that

DONT USE THE SUPPLIED SCREWS OR YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET IT OFF!!!

I have to make that really clear 'cos my 75 quid tailpiece broke because of 3 screws with ****ty heads.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
if your looking for floyd rose ability in a trem look for kahler. the trem will mount on the pieces used for the tom. abit pricey, bigbsy i wouldnt bother with. stetsbar however i would consider (also pricey).

in the thread on how to make a girl uncomfortable:

Quote by Angels Fighter
i saw this in another thread but it would work

Blow your load in your hand and slap the girl in the face while yelling "spiderman"

^
Actually, a normal Floyd Rose bridge should work fine with a neck angle as long as you don't try to recess it. I retrofitted a Floyd Speedloader (same dimensions as the original) on a Charvel with a neck angle and it's fine.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.