I'm wondering if I can get some opinions from you folks about what would be a
good choice for a small (5-15watts) tube amp for practice, recording, etc. I'm
looking in the direction of the following...Carvin Vintage 16; Fender Blues Jr., or
Blonde Blues Jr.; Epiphone Valve Special; OR...should I look at something by
Engl, Laney, Traynor, etc.? I'd really appreciate any thoughts. I've got a Carvin
TL60, older Fender Standard Tele (MIM). I'm using a Marshall AVT20 right now...
not entirely happy with it. I play R/B, Blues, Classic Rock (Stones)...etc. Thank
you for any input.
A fender blues jr. would suit you nicely. Amazing cleans, and really nice natural overdrive.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
peavey classic 30...beats a blues jr. for me
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

depending on your price range why not look at the thd univalve. It's got a built in hotplate and you can swap tubes at will.
VOX AC15 just play it... not really many fancy bells and whistles... amazing reverb, built in trem, single channel, just great sound
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
They're out of production now, but there's a chance you might be able to find a used Peavey Classic 20, a smaller version of the Classic 30 earlier recommended.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
how much does the AC15 cost, b/c im looking for something to play around the house bc my JCM is too loud to play at home. I was looking at a couple cubes, i play a lil bit of whatever i can get my hands on to learn so i need something pretty versitle
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i own the laney lc15r, is simply amazing. but then again, i havent heard any other worthy amps that mine, except for the peavey valveking and fender twin reverb (wich I didnt liked at all)

i recomend the laney lc series for own experience, they truly let you guitar sing, each guitar gives this baby a diferent sound. i specially love the overdirven sounds you get.

for metal you will need a pedal, no doubt. its just not that agressive.
Cast in the name of God ye not guilty
Try a few amps out, that's the best way of finding what you want.

And a Blues Jr would probably be amazing for you, try one out.
And blonde ones are just amazing looking
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
well, engl don't make any low wattage amps to the best of my knowledge, so...

the laney vc15 would also be worth a look as would the matamp minimat. I haven't tried them though. maybe a cornell romany and romany plus too. and cornford, if you're loaded.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by thetearsibleed
peavey classic 30...beats a blues jr. for me

yea. pretty much the peavey classic or the blues junior.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
id go with a few more watts,you never know when a drummer gonna show up and want to jam
^Something like a Blues Jr can overpower a drummer in band situations at quarter volume, so the low wattage won't be a problem unless you're playing large gigs.
Don't be afraid to care"

the blues jnr is the same quality as higher end fender amps just smaller

awesome amp
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Something like a Blues Jr can overpower a drummer in band situations at quarter volume, so the low wattage won't be a problem unless you're playing large gigs.

Yea, and if the gigs get to large, you can just mic it.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^It's compromising on a lot, no way near as good.
No usable EQ (just a tone control), no amazing "Fat" switch, and no pre amp volume, just a master.

Try them both out and see.
Don't be afraid to care"

Try out a Traynor YVC20WR. 15 watts, Vintage 30 speaker, and it's pretty damn lound to.... but it's about $100-$150 more then the Blues Jr, maybe more depending where you buy it from.

What's your budget?
Hai UG!
The Pro Junior is nice, but i prefer the blues junior.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
The AC15 is very nice but the reverb isnt too great from what ii hear (but neither is the BJ's)

i love the Vox

the Blues Jr is nice too!
the reverb on the ac15 is incredible
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
any ~5w tube amps. for a decent price? around $150 usd max. if not then a SS with btween 5-10w?

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
the epi has no eq in it...and i dotn ahve an eq pedal. Will that be a problem? I kno the 15w Cube isnt tube but it sounds awsome, how does this compare bc they dont have them at local stores around here.

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy

JCM900 FOR SELL!
^^if only it were as simple as just the number of watts....

How does Laney VC30 compare to those Fenders? for say a modern sounding tone.
Quote by Wylde
the reverb on the ac15 is incredible

maybe i was thinking of the tremelo....i know its supposed to be good and on the AC30 its unbelievable but ive heard bad things about some of the AC15 effects.

either way its still a great amp
Quote by JET116
maybe i was thinking of the tremelo....i know its supposed to be good and on the AC30 its unbelievable but ive heard bad things about some of the AC15 effects.

either way its still a great amp

well i own the amp, im not going by what i've heard... nevertheless that doesn't mean that just because i like the reverb that everyone will... also i think it would be tough to **** up a trem effect