are there any pedals out there that turn the guitar into the sound of a violin or stringsensemble or anything im really interested in finding one of these as soon as possible...
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Your best bet would to be to get a guitar with a midi pickup. There are some Fenders you can buy on MusiciansFriend with a roland midi pickup installed. These will enable you to theoritically get your guitar to sound like any instrument.
how much do those guitars run for?
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
roland makes a couple of high end synths that can make your instrument sound like a lot of things, only thing is im not sure how good it sounds if you dont have MIDI pickups installed. all the sounds clips iv heard for it had MIDI pickup guitars, thats actually something iv been wondering about myself
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
yeah there are some, i saw a setup at guitar center, i think it went for around $1200 and it had all sorts of natural sounds to it.
You might try the BOSS Slow Gear. They don't make it anymore, but I;m sure you could find something on eBay. It's basically an automatic volume swell, it gives the guitar a certain violin like quality.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I think with the right chorus setup and a few reverb and a splash of OD will make it, with a bow (violin or viola or cello or double bass)
The DD-20 (Boss GigaDelay) or the DD-6 (Boss Digital Delay) go for about 180 and 160 respectively. They both have the reverse function which can sound alllooot like a violin and will save you a bunch of cash and shame of having a MIDI pickup. Try it out yourself to see if you like, as the DD-20 also has many other useful features.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=592&ParentId=53

check that out, its the roland GR-20. You can get some guitars with the pickup included, but it comes with an external one that you can add one on your guitar (it looks ugly as hell though). It can mix two signals, your main guitar signal and a synth version. The synths on this thing are pretty fun to play with, my dad uses this often, and ive done some stupid recordings, making some orchestrated stuff, it sounds pretty decent for what it is.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville