I hope this is the right forum to post inquiries such as this, but if it's not........change the purpose of this forum. It does concern gear, so I posted it here.

Does anyone know whether Vai used the Legacy or the Bogner Ecstasy for the G3 in Denver (I think it was in Denver) with Satch and Malmsteen? I ask because, as everyone knows (or should, my private affairs are important, you should know them) I have been looking for a new amp, and the tone Vai gets during the little bit (lots) of improvisation before I know you're here. It's the first song he plays. Anyway, that tone is exactly what I'm looking for.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Hell yes! It was the Legacy.
I have found my new amp.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.