You know, you've saved up for months to get the bass/amp/effect etc. (delete as applicable) you plug it all in, get all ready and....

What's the first thing you play? What sound do you first wanna come out of this new bass/amp/effect that you know is just gonna blow you away?

personally, I just love to hit an open E, and do some random riffage/soloing for about 5 minutes before I need to lie down with a wet towel over my face.

So, what about you?

P.S. w00, i made an original thread in the bass forum
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley. I play the album straight through (skipping Space Cadet because it's acoustic) because it covers a lot of ground playing-wise and it blows my head off every time I listen to it.

(good going coming up with an original thread btw!)
Metallica- My Friend Misery

I don't really know why...it's a habit. After that I just improvise and make sure I play each string, chords, double stops, slap, pop, tap and all that good stuff so I know everything sounds good.

Nice job with an original thread too. This one isn't so...
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Allways allways bust out Rush - Limelight and Black eyed peas - Lets get retarded.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
me and my bass guitar - vic wooten
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Quote by Forcemaster

personally, I just love to hit an open E, and do some random riffage/soloing for about 5 minutes before I need to lie down with a wet towel over my face.

i'm pretty much the same way bro
Quote by Soma3009
An interesting Thread. IN BIZARRO WORLD! HAH.

Quote by FakePlsticTrees
and props, clapping and bows to you mantiscabinet.
coffee shop-RHCP

great song except for the verse, that guitar part makes me cringe(i love the verse bass part though). When i got my new bass for christmas(and i hate it) i busted out the second solo and my parents almost passed out. and followed by that, skinny sweaty man-RHCP, and then YYZ-Rush(damn i love that song )
Killing in the Name always seems to pop right into my head.