I play a lot of sh!t, metallica, guns n roses, ac/dc, jimi hendrix, pantera, slayer, led zeppelin, etc. I have an ibanez axs32.

I was just wanting to know what kind of marshall amp would go good with what I play and is anywhere from around $600-$800 or around there. thanx
combo or head?
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
idk man I know what a combo and head is, but I dont really know which one would be better to get. like for the long run
You can't run a head without a cab so...
I'd get a combo
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
A Cab is just a box with speakers, It can't make the sound. The Head makes the sound and sends it to the speakers in the cab
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
600-800 youre crazy to find a nice marshall for that price, the good marshalls are at 1000 and up, u can get a used jcm800 though, but youd still have to buy a cab, which would still probably run you over 1000 dollars. look into peaveys, or crates. or you could get a nice b52 half stack for around 800 i think
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
if youre patient, you can find a used jcm900 head for 500 cdn.
Minsoo s.w.
Head= A box with only parts and electronics that operate in order to make a certain sound.
Cab= Speakers to hook up a head in order to actually make the sound come out. No aditional electronics except what is needed for speakers to run and for the head to be able to be hooked to the cab.

*DO NOT HOOK UP AND TURN ON A HEAD WITHOUT A CAB*

But I definately recommend a used JCM900 for what you play. Its a more updated JCM800 which is amazing.
But that would be just plain retarded... I mean, even if I got drunk and had a bottle up my butt I wouldn't do it
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
In that price range you can find used JCM900 pretty frequently on ebay or craigslist.
DSL401 combo is another option.

For the Marshall sound you could go with Traynor YCV50 blue or Ashdown Fallen Angel. Both have great tone, the Ashdown has had reliability issues that were to be addressed with the latest model. The Traynor is money in the bank.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
the dsl401 is an awesome amp. Wicked tone.

SO is the traynor, but id take the dsl401 over the traynor any day :0 i havent played a fallen angel..
Minsoo s.w.
Quote by SillyShoe
600-800 youre crazy to find a nice marshall for that price, the good marshalls are at 1000 and up, u can get a used jcm800 though, but youd still have to buy a cab, which would still probably run you over 1000 dollars. look into peaveys, or crates. or you could get a nice b52 half stack for around 800 i think

It depends on what you mean by "nice amp" you can get a mg250dfx for $500 and thats good unless you want a half stack or something.
Quote by Frostedcupcakes
It depends on what you mean by "nice amp" you can get a mg250dfx for $500 and thats good unless you want a half stack or something.

Did you just say a MG250dfx is a good amp?!?!
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Before I ever get a Marshall amp I'm just gonna save up until I can get a good half stack, like a 1960AV cab with a TSL 2000 100 watt amp or something
Quote by amazingdm
Before I ever get a Marshall amp I'm just gonna save up until I can get a good half stack, like a 1960AV cab with a TSL 2000 100 watt amp or something

JCM900>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TSL in my opinion.

hell, just get a 2x12 combo. combos are even cheaper. i got mine for 500
Yeah well, I mean whatever sounds the best.
what I'm trying to say is before I get a Marshall, I wanna save up to get a MARSHALL.. The really iconic half stacks and ****.
Quote by amazingdm
Yeah well, I mean whatever sounds the best.
what I'm trying to say is before I get a Marshall, I wanna save up to get a MARSHALL.. The really iconic half stacks and ****.

okay, then get the JCM900 head. dual reverb that is.
nah, they aren't new. nor are any of the worthwhile marshalls, unless you like the TSL/DSL.
ebay has them for really cheap. amazing marshall distortion channel and a really nice clean channel. plus 2 independnt reverbs.
ok I think I am gonna save for the traynor or the jcm 9000 head used and then later buy the cab used
damn what are you talking about. i tried the jcm 900 dual reverb the other day and it wasnt as good as my tsl 60. ive seen tsls on ebay for less than a thousand for a combo. you should check those out
JAMONE
i found my marshall jtm 60 for $450 used, beautiful amp

you just gotta look man, go to stores see what they have, ebay anything, just look around, i garuntee you you'll find something
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by sHieZaN
damn what are you talking about. i tried the jcm 900 dual reverb the other day and it wasnt as good as my tsl 60. ive seen tsls on ebay for less than a thousand for a combo. you should check those out

Id take a 900 over a tsl any day
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!