Page 1 of 2
Hey. I was listening to my radio earlier and I hear Green Days "Wake me up when september ends" Or I call it "Wake me up, I'm a doochebag, Oh-no im gonna die." The songs messege is good. It basically talks about how the world isnt the safe place we think/thought it is/was. There are people that want to kill us. I just dont like the sound of new Green Day or "Adult" Green Day as people are calling it but, I can still relate to them. Do you have any bands with the same scenario?
Sorry, not really. Well, I suppose I like what Hendrix did for the guitar community, but I could never like him. I'm not a fan of his tone, his style, his technique...nothing. I do like his songs, but only when they're being done as covers.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
No, I usually agree with the message and like the music too.
Not gonna lie, but when opening a thread with "So I was listening to Green Day WHEN" is usually gonna start a flame war in this forum.

I'll keep this one controlled though, don't sweat it.
Leftover crack. I love the whole f*ck world trade thing, but I hate their sound.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
I like Dead kennedy's and how they sound, but if i could change anything about them it would be to slow down the lyrics a bit. But then they wouldn't be them.
Oh! Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ, YES!

I can't STAND bands like D.R.I., some Black Flag, Aus-Rotten, The Sex Pistols, and Government Issue but they've got some great lyrics/messages/social commentaries.
I'd rather purchase a song/lyrics book from those bands, than the actual albums (I love Hank Rollin's books, but I can't listen to albums like 'Damaged' all the way through.)

P.S.
I know, 'why do I even listen to punk if I don't like those bands'?
Circle that A, motherfucker!
Someone badmouthed Government Issue...

Oh snap.

p.s. If you don't like Black Flag, we can't be friends.

(just kidding, much love Warm-And-Fuzzy!)
pretty much every band that jello was in after the dead kennedys...
peace & chemicals
well i think SOAD write some pretty cool songs, but i absolutely dispise their sound. they sound like freakin arabs
I hate Leftover Cracks message but the music is alright.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
Quote by .:SMASH:.
well i think SOAD write some pretty cool songs, but i absolutely dispise their sound. they sound like freakin arabs

Ohhhh because System of a Down is soooooo Punk.

Oh, and racism ain't funny.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
they sound like freakin arabs

not cool.
peace & chemicals
I love Jewdriver's message... but just can't get into the sound.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by Warm-And-Fuzzy

I can't STAND bands like D.R.I., some Black Flag

you just dissed two of my favorite bands, that is heresy. D.R.I. and Black Flag are THE punk bands for me...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Crass' live album is pretty hard to listen to, but their other stuff actually is good...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
i cant stand the sound of "The Circle Jerks" but I guess thats just the quality
and "Agnostic Front" is good but i hate their singer...same for the "Voodoo Glow Skulls" and
"Five Iron Frenzy"
The Misfits. I don't know why, just something about them.
Quote by JMack
Fallinsuburbia is a very intelligent user. Trust him.

Quote by Red.Washburn77

fallinsuburbia looks like an old Egyptian pharoh, carrying a Les Paul Custom, and, while he's only 10, he gets all the girls for looking seven years older than he actually is...
Quote by Warm-And-Fuzzy
Oh! Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ, YES!

I can't STAND bands like D.R.I., some Black Flag, Aus-Rotten, The Sex Pistols, and Government Issue but they've got some great lyrics/messages/social commentaries.
I'd rather purchase a song/lyrics book from those bands, than the actual albums (I love Hank Rollin's books, but I can't listen to albums like 'Damaged' all the way through.)

P.S.
I know, 'why do I even listen to punk if I don't like those bands'?

blasphemy
wot?
Quote by smile_man
I hate Leftover Cracks message but the music is alright.

I'm Arab, say it again sir? Do you not like Arabs because your government tells you not to? Or is it because we're all terrorists, or does the phrase friggin insert random country here just pop up when you don't like a band's mucic? I doubt it. Ah the racism of today.
Crass
Nausea and all grindcore bands
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by johnnynemo
Crass
Nausea and all grindcore bands

Grindcore bands have messages?

So you think Pottery is Gay too?
wot?
Hahahaha!!
I guess I should have weeded Anal C*nt out of the mix.

Apparently the grindcore/crust bands are screaming/grunting about things I care about, but I just can't understand them.
Kinda defeats the purpose, IMHO.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by abstractinkling
Grindcore bands have messages?

Oh wow. Have you ever listened to Napalm Death, fool?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
ummm,

Oi Polloi.... love the message, too bad i cant listen to 2 songs without resting my ears.

"harness the wind, harnass the waves, we dont need this ****ing nuclear waste"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by Pick It Up123
"Agnostic Front" is good but i hate their singer...

Are you kidding? He's the best part. Sure he's kinda rough in the very old stuff and the newest album, but he's awesome. And he's all the energy in their live show. Stigma used to be, but he got old. Now he just stands there drunk and plays guitar.

Basically, AF is "The Roger Miret & Vinny Stigma Show".
Quote by johnnynemo
Hahahaha!!
I guess I should have weeded Anal C*nt out of the mix.

Apparently the grindcore/crust bands are screaming/grunting about things I care about, but I just can't understand them.
Kinda defeats the purpose, IMHO.

I agree... That's why Aus-Rotten is one of the best crustie bands, good lyrics and you always can understand their singers.
wot?
Quote by LedZeppelin
Oh wow. Have you ever listened to Napalm Death, fool?

Fo Sho Nigga. I dug that **** back in the day SCUM werd?
wot?
i totally agree with rage against the machines message, but i hate their sound

EAT THE STATE!!!!!!!!

Alot of Opera's have some killer storywriting or acting. But I'll be damned if I can sit through one show.
SIZE]

they're Armenians

back on topic
Sex Pistols had some great messages (Anarchy in the UK), but I didn't like their music

'tis life
I like Crass too, but I'm not surprised that some people don't like their sound. It's a little raw.
Page 1 of 2