I got the $ to buy my new main guitar, and I need some more ideas. I've tried the ibanez Rgt42dxfm loved it but I read that the bridge sucks... The prestige 1570 was nice but was plain ugly ' the blue one'...and the wood of the rgt42dxfm is better. I want a 24 fret guitar that cost around 800$ with a good tremolo bridge any ideas? I like jacksons, ibanez some bcrich and I love V shapes.
the new schecter hellraisers with floyd roses might be something you'd like.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by Zofar

24 Frets and a Crap LFR is not what hes looking for...

Thread starter, if anything the 42 is butt ugly..... THe 1570 is a sexy beast. It would be your best bet, you could always get it cutsom painted.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^ IMO, that schecter PLAYING wise sucks. The neck is thick compared to a nice shredding ibanez neck, and that fattyscheckneck is like... lacquered? FInished?(whatever you call it) it really makes your hands stick, and it makes moving super slow.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
oh then I just have to kill everybody in the store get a ibanez and the schecter put the ibanez neck on the schecter and dance.
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ IMO, that schecter PLAYING wise sucks. The neck is thick compared to a nice shredding ibanez neck, and that fattyscheckneck is like... lacquered? FInished?(whatever you call it) it really makes your hands stick, and it makes moving super slow.
you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink
Quote by aznrockerdude
Alder wood sucks bizzles... (sounds bright, not suited for metal)

Tell that to George Lynch
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Tell that to George Lynch

or Alexi Laiho, Jeff Hanneman, Richard Z, Kirk Hammet, Etc.
^
Or Scott Ian or Daniel Spitz from Anthrax (They played RRs, so I'm assuming they were still Alder back then).
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Alder is nice, my jackson King V has alder body and it gives me a great metal tone. Anyway the jacksons RR only got 22 frets and I want 24 of them so. I'll try to find a store with the hellraiser C-1 FR but if the neck is THAT bad I wont buy it, the neck is really important to me, that's why I like jackson and ibanez.
Or Steve Vai. I'm sure jem is made with alder too
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by wind88
I'm sure jem is made with alder too

1 model is Basswood, 1 is Alder.

Basswood

Alder
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Um, to all the people refering to alder bodies.

I was talking about the Bright Sound for metal.

Lynch uses Maple bodies, because of how bright they are and stand out on the track.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
IMO Alder are great for metal lead riffs and solos. But if you're the "chugga chugga" rhythym palm mute ***** player then get Mahogany. If you wanna' versatile get my fav, basswood
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Those S series Ibanez looks great but they're 22 frets and some of them dont even have any inlay.... so here's the guitars that I got to try

Rg1570
Schecter C1 Hellraiser with floyd rose
dkmg ' not sure about that bridge...'
dk2 'not sure about the bridge :P'
Ok I found a Rgt42dx used and cheap I dont know if it's the SAME as the rgt42dxfm :S

I'm not sure but I think that the rgt42dx has some kind of crappy 'oiled' neck or something?
The only difference between the RGT42DX and the RGT42DXFM, is the FM, which stands for "Flamed Maple"...thats it really. And the Edge Pro II isn't that reliable a trem...go where the actions at and treat yourself to the RG1570 with the EDGE PRO...or an S Series with a ZR trem is awesome too.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!