I'm going to be getting a new guitar soon, either an Epi Les Paul, or a Fender. I play a variety of genres anywhere from heavy rock to very mellow stuff. I have a Boss ME-50, and a Marshall MG50DFX. Any advice? Thanks.
Last edited by Ziggy_Stardust at Jun 23, 2006,
well in here i ask the same question, but with a les paul and a schecter and they said it was better if i bought the scheter instead of the les paul. i don't know if that could help you sorry.
Well, I really like Les Paul type guitars because of their sustain and chunky sound. I guess I'm a bit biased toward them in comparing them with fenders, but I play tons of classic rock and even a bit of metal, sometimes even some blues. For my taste, the LP is my favorite. Fenders, to my ear, just don't sound "full."
if u lean towards clapton and good cleans, (dont see how wt that amp) but then probably the strat.

if ur more into ac/dc, heavier stuff then the LP will suit u better.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah, as im playing now, the MG amp's cooling fan is having a spaz, but anyway, i am more classic rock, but also bands like Pink Floyd im not sure about the Epi's clean sound. Is it any good? Thanks.
Yeah, but it's chunky and will not give you that Clapton kinda sound(as far as I know). Very good for blues...but so are strats and tele's....
^not sure why u hate epis so much.

but ive got a nice epi and a couple of strats.

u can get the fat strat i guess if u really want to get heavy tones.
but for the mellow stuff a strat with some nice pickups, does the best job.

heavier with the right amp, effects.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by 6505
get a fat strat....even a squire will blow the epiphone away.

How do you know this. You always say Epi's suck but never provide any reasons so please enlighten me.

To the threadstarter go for the Les Paul because it would work better for hard rock stuff and can still handle lighter stuff pretty well.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
Well seeing as how your name is "Ziggy Stardust", I say Epi... I normally would pick the fender any day (get one with a humbucker in the bridge), but Mick Ronson of the Spiders from Mars played a gibson, so yeah.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.