The whole thing was mixed by me, with very few mistakes, maybe a couple in the solo.
Enjoy

http://mike1109.dmusic.com/

Crit for crit if you wish

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Last edited by Mike1109 at Jun 23, 2006,
man...that acoustic guitar sounds beautiful. sorry I've never really heard the original so I can't say that the solos were perfect or anything, but they did sound really good. Nice cover here.
the acoustic guitar sounds great. it sounds a bit like your playing a citar for lead guitar, it sounds a bit hollow if your know what i mean. theyre were a couple of parts where it was either a millisecond to slow or too fast, other than that it wasnt too bad
beautiful acoustic sound.........did u record in studio...!!!.......beautiful tone...love it....cannot wait for the Vox....!!!.....tell me there are Vox....!!!.......Ok....songs like these need vox...coz they are actually a vocal piece.....its like covering acapella...withought Vox u know....!!...u cant leave it out....love the lead ...but I need vox...to fill it out....i love this still though.....but Id love it even more if u added some Vox to it...>!!!...Keep rockin bro...very nice pro recording.....Aweoxome...!!......PEAC EOUT
great job and sound.. sound almost professional, solos were hot, vox would make this song complete. great work!
Thanks for the feedback guys! Really encouraging, not the greatest singer but I'll see what I can do, maybe even get a good singer to do some vocals for it. I'll be working on some more tunes very soon, probably have another song like this up in less than a week so I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

Mike

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
I actually just used a Logitech standalone microphone. It cost about $15 and is actually very good for recording. Great way to save money on recording equipment. As for the guitars and effects, I used a Fender Acoustic guitar which I've had for years and years for the acoustic bits. I love this guitar, great sound, I'd never replace it. All the leads and solos were recorded through an MG100DFX using a Flanger. It was about 15 tracks all together, then mixed.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, makes all the time I put into it worth it.

Mike

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
I thought it was ok! had a few timing issues but I grew up listening to this so I guess Im an Stickler. I loved to sound of the lead guitar. Vocals would be nice! Overall 7/10. Godd job!!!!!!!

Crit For Crit Please
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382545
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Loving it so far. The acoustic is awesome. Will be great with vocals man! The lead is class I really like the tone of it. The recording quality is great my friend. Although theres a few very slight timing mistakes in there. But for me this doesnt take anyting away from the track. Keep it up!
not too bad man, a few extra notes in the solos that throw it off a bit and a few slight timing issues, gotta watch the hard bends too, a couple sounded a little flat in the beginning of middle solo. But overall good track, definitely needs some bass, drums and vox.
The only real faults I could find in that was the first solo.. it just wasn't done very well as a whole. The sound is weird, some of the bends were either overbent or released too much... that little pull of run wasn't exactly smooth either.

As for the second solo... around 2:44 and on it pretty much completely falls apart. Everything that could be wrong did really. A couple of bends were way off. The picking wasn't exactly smooth around 2:42. the bends at 2:50 were too close together. 2:56 (the quick high part) wasn't as smooth as it could be either.

The acoustic sounds beautiful though... obviously its a little repetitive without vocals, but its still listenable.

I'm being harsh here, just because theres no sense in coming in here and saying "WOW GOOD JOB." without you learning anything from it.
Quote by wilty00
I'm being harsh here, just because theres no sense in coming in here and saying "WOW GOOD JOB." without you learning anything from it.

exactly. Point out the good points, AS WELL AS the bad. Don't candycoat it. I like constructive criticism too, just not the annoying "it sucks" posts.
Thank you wilty! I really wanted some criticism on the solos, the timing was kinda off on the last solo, around 2:44 like you said. I just did it in 2 takes and I didn't really have time to get it completely perfect, but yeah, I'll definitely work on it.

Thanks again

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Mike1109
Thank you wilty! I really wanted some criticism on the solos, the timing was kinda off on the last solo, around 2:44 like you said. I just did it in 2 takes and I didn't really have time to get it completely perfect, but yeah, I'll definitely work on it.

Thanks again

No problem Thanks for not flipping out, it happens too many times when I respond with criticism instead of "AWESOME JOB! WOW!".
Well when you post something you make on an open forum where people can post anonymously, if you can't accept criticism, or expect it, then something is wrong haha

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!