If I immeadientally(sp?) went from a heavy Gauge of strings to extra light strings, would that warp my neck? I know going from light to heavy is hell on the neck, but is it same for heavy to light?
it probably will.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
I'm not quite sure considering when you take your strings OFF, theres no tension so yeah.
mmmk.
i cant see why it would, if anything it would releive some of the tension that the heavier gauge put on it.

btw, nice sig
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by sithian476
I'm not quite sure considering when you take your strings OFF, theres no tension so yeah.

That's why you don't take them off all at once. One at a time. Once or twice it's fine, but taking off all the strings at once for years and years is not a good idea, and just try taking off all the strings at once on a floating bridge. Bad idea.
Captain Sebastian Courtingale here to tell all you kiddies that ninjas never get any booty....arrr.
If you did the opposite it would.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
using really light guage strings is never good....especially with a floating bridge.....when i had work done on my guitar they told me not to get 9's because it'll mess up ur guitar cause its not a lot of tension and it got complicated and stuff but....try not to get lower than 10's....and exactly wat guage are u going from and wat guage do u wanna go to?
its heavy now which is 115 on the E, and i wanted to go down to medium, which is usually 105 on E

Quote by shadowsoldier08

btw, nice sig

thank you, yours made me laugh, its funny because its true, and long live dime, goddamn you gale...
Last edited by HeWhoSlaps at Jun 24, 2006,
Anytime you change string gauges you need to adjust your truss rod. It's going to need a little more tension for the lighter strings, but it won't be that significant. Going from heavys to mediums I wouldn't even worry about it honestly. In the title you made it seem like you were going from .115s to .95s. Since that is not the case I would just not worry about it, unless your intonation gets off.
Quote by Sun of a Studio
That's why you don't take them off all at once. One at a time. Once or twice it's fine, but taking off all the strings at once for years and years is not a good idea, and just try taking off all the strings at once on a floating bridge. Bad idea.

Yeah, my main guitar has a floating bridge so I understand lol.
mmmk.