Just finished up my cover of Led Zeppelin's "Over the Hills and Far Away." Gear used includes...

Fender Standard Telecaster
Martin DX1
Peavey Classic 30
Retroman Lola fuzz pedal
Ibanez AD9 Analog Delay Pedal
cheap microphone from RadioShack
Audacity

I didn't plan on doing the vocals, but I decided to include them to keep the song interesting. They're not that great, imo, but oh well... Thanks for any comments.

You can download it here: http://stephen.dmusic.com/
Hey man I love this song. Playing was great, but a little muddy because of your recording. A new mic would fix that up, though. When the distorted part came in I was like :O! haha

I don't know anything about singing and suck at it myself, although I tend to try a lot, but you seem to start out loudly and then quiet down at the end of the phrase. You should try and keep the volume steady and it would be nice. Try adding a splash of reverb there, also. It would be hard to sing like Robert Plant, to be honest, but it doesn't seem like you were trying to sound a lot like him.

Good cover though. Don't mind any assholes that hate you for your voice man, keep doing your thing.
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
Yeah, I don't care too much what people say about my voice. I know I'm not that great of a singer, and I don't pretend I am.

I actually did add a touch of reverb to the vocals and the acoustic guitar. Maybe not enough...Thanks for the post.
dood that song rocks and that was a really nice cover
Quote by XaosKnight
I quote myself
Just added a little bit of compression and some more reverb to the vocals. I also turned down their volume some, too. It does sound better - thanks, belgarion1919.
The guitar was really good. You actually have a really good voice, but Zeppelin tracks are hard to do with all the vocal ad-libs he does. The part where the distortion comes in was great. The solo was a little loud so it sounded a little static-y, but that could just be my speakers. 10/10.

Could you crit mine?
very good!

and honestly the singing isn't bad at all, but who can sing like plant ? honestly? ha

but if you put plant singing ontop of this and some clapping at the beginning it'd be like i was listening to my LZ live CD. Awesome man!
FIJI
Wow, playing was amazing. It was very clean my friend.

Singing wasn't bad either. I enjoyed it. Good job dude!
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by rockon1824
The guitar was really good. You actually have a really good voice, but Zeppelin tracks are hard to do with all the vocal ad-libs he does. The part where the distortion comes in was great. The solo was a little loud so it sounded a little static-y, but that could just be my speakers. 10/10.

It probably was a little "static-y". My mic isn't the greatest, and I think it might have had some clipping due to that.

Could you crit mine?

Done.
awesome.... im speechless, im learnin this song now, and it dont sound near as good.
does it matter if i play guitar? yes.
I forgot all about this song! I use to play this back in college but since I started singing have never really tried it.
You really did a good job on this one. Vocals could use some reverb and come down a knotch but really arent that bad. With those adjustments I think you might find that your voice is better than you think! Are you playing with a backtrack or did you record with someone else?

I give it a 8/10 with the adjustments to the voice it could be 10/10. I know you said your not a singer but in that case the vocals could have come down a little. And mind you im trying to find something constructive to say about this recording because it is very good!

crit 4 crit please
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382545
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
this is a great cover of a great song. the guitar work is spot on and you do a good job of singing as well. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 it sounds like you've spent a long time on this and the time and effort has paid off. sound quality is a slight issue though. cheers
Critting as I listen. Guitar sounds spot on, but wayyy to much reverb, it's kind of annoying. Vocals aren't bad at all. Nice tone on the distorted guitar. Omg, your lead tone is amazing man, I love it. Solo sounds great. Great cover man! There's a few timing issues I noticed after the solo, but other than that pretty spot on.
Heh.. I get a post saying he likes the reverb, and the one right after it says he doesn't like it.
im a fan of martin dx1's

and i love the tone of the acoustic part
pretty good vox though, not plant material but w/e

9/10
hard song to play with all the time changes