Ok, I was looking into buying a solid 4 string, because all my good basses are 5 strings. I was looking at just a standard Fender Jazz Bass. But just a thought..If i take the pickguard off, will the wires be exposed? I know Jaco's signature bass and other Fenders don't have one on it, but i wasn't sure if that applied to all of Fender's basses?
depnds on what fender jazz you buy, the wirer aren't exposed but if you buy a mexican one there a hole in the body. I thought with the americans you won't have this problem.
Um, my squier jazz bass doesn't have any exposed wires when the pickguard is off so I wouldn't think that good fenders would, however I'm not sure.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Ok, thanks, I really don't like the looks of the pickguard, and i don't use a pick anyways, so I'm not too worried about scratching the finish or anything.
usually the cavities are routed a bit bigger when theres a pickguard on.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
http://pickguards.us/

You might not like your pickguard... but you can get almost any pickgaurd you want there. For any type of bass.

thats beat, you cant see them before you buy.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."