Today i put some DR LR40 light strings on my bass. and made the action the same as it was before and now the volume isn't near as loud. I put my 50 watt Ampeg on volume level 5 and you couldn't even hear it while a guitarist is playing a 15 watt Marshall set on volume level 3 lol. So i then put my 50 watt amp as loud as it can get and it equaled the 15 watt Marshal's volume on level 3. It's weird. I plugged my backup bass in and it was fine, the volume was right. The new strings play good on my bass and feel good but for some reason when i play you can't hear it. like half the volume is cut out. anyone have any ideas at what to do? or what the problem could be?
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
i played it before changing the strings, fine. Then after changing the strings it isn't. the intonation is right, the action is set the same exact way as before. just dosn't make since, and I don't know what the problem could be. The volume knob is all the way up on the bass, everything seems right. what part in changing the strings could mess up the volume?
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
yeah lol. well the thing is on my old bass it has DR strings and plays fine.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
I fixed it. adjusted truss rod
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Congrats on pretty much quadruple posting!

I just put DR strings on my bass, and my god, they are amazing. Great tonal range, though they are a bit quiet.

However, I don't see how changing the strings did that to your bass. Are they wrapped around the poles correctly?? Are they in the bridge saddles the way they are supposed to be?

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
not surre lol but it did fix it. another problem was i was getting lots of fret buzz below the 5th frets on the E and A strings and when i raised the action on the bass after the new strings came on after trying it at the same action as before, the buzz was gone but i'd have to hit the strings way harder to make them sound any. so after lowering the truss rod, i could lower my action lower than before. making it as loud as it used to be before the new strings.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112