Page 1 of 2
Obviously when you go to a rock concert, you want to see a preformance not only a bunch of guys just standing on stand playing music. Yet, how do you preform at a show to make it entertaining while still playing your music right?
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
I personally thing Yngwie's one of the most entertaining guitar players, always moving or kicking or fliping guitars hahah, but its very entertaining. I also love the way Joe Satriani feels his music, and becomes one with it.
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
I found it's really hard to dance a whole bunch when I'm playing. My notes get jumbled. Underoath's guitarist jumps constantly but he isn't playing very many notes.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
well i play in a punk band ( haha i know pwn me). So i just throw a couple notes together and play them all song (AFI). so i jump and act a fool! the easiest way to explain it
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I also play piano/keyboard. How do you rock sweet piano with looking stupid?
It depends on how well you can play, you have to be completely confident with the song, and that means playing without looking.

If you can do this, then try just walking around, forward, backward, sideways, etc, until you get the feeling of moving and playing, then try jumping!
Well, I can most of my band's easier without looking or needing to look at my guitar. It's just when I jump, my hand goes haywire.
i think its funny to watch franky iero play, he likes to jump, play on the ground, hell anything really...he also likes to hurt his fellow band members.......
Just let go of what your doing. You know when your playing by yourself with no one around your probobaly rocking all over the place, stomping feet, all kinds of stuff.
When Im playing something, alot of the time I end up doing a jethro tull impression standing on one foot rocking back and forth. Sometimes I stomp my feet around a little, Jump on big hits in the song. Lean back. Lean the guitar on your hip while soloing, It looks cool, but its not really harder then normal playing.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Arlabester
i think its funny to watch franky iero play, he likes to jump, play on the ground, hell anything really...he also likes to hurt his fellow band members.......

I wish he'd hurt them so severly they are rendered unable to attempt to play their instruments anymore. Sorry, I've got a bit of a grudge against MCR.
Listen to Black Sabbath
This may sound stupid but be modest. Don't look at what you're playing, smile to the crowd, maybe stick out your tounge (you know, the concentraited look) when you're doing a solo. I think if you act modest happy and smile a little, people would take you a little more seriously.
^yeah wolfmother rocks out on the keyboard.

i have a habit of either being to mellow or being to nuts. but thats alright. i dont really care. dillinger escape plan has a entertaining live show...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by JesusLives

Watch 'Guns 'n' Roses Live in Tokyo'.
Know anywhere that I can find live videos of performances?
Act like Angus Young or Prince when you play ,you can get on the floor and run in circles...Everyone loves to watch people run in circles its just sexy on the floor.
Angus Young doesn't do anything too flashy except move his feet in tune with the drums.
How do you rock out on the piano/synth without looking stupid? You play the keytar, duh?! Keytars freaking rock!
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Periphery / Between the Buried and Me /
Ten After Two / Circa Survive /
Upon a Burning Body / / Bury Tomorrow /
Animals As Leaders / God Is An Astronaut

Proud member of the Seven String Legion.
You can't play half as complex riffs
run around and jump to match the drum beats
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by JesusLives

Play one handed and throw up some horns.
well, then you just have to make a sacrifice....i personally would take the keytar anyday over "complex"$hit.
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Quote by KingsOfRonin
well, then you just have to make a sacrifice....i personally would take the keytar anyday over "complex"$hit.

Well, I'm a classicly trained pianist, so I can rock and write difficult without much effort and simple sounds so...simple.
I play crossarmed, upside fretting arm, use pretty much anything around me as a slide, I use the picking arm as fretting hand alone aand... well tht's all I can think of now
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by pataldo
Watch a wolfmother video

I love it when he does that, just rockin' the keyboard/synth backwards and forwards, so cool.

And doing something like John Frusciante does, dancing very flowingly to the music and playing.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You don't need to move if you can play more notes than the human ear can hear!

That being said, I usually play behind my head, or circle headbang.
Dickless.
personally, i dont like Angus Youngs dance. it kinda looks like a redneck trying to kill an anthill of red ants b4 they attack him.
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Quote by chase312
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW37HigWCuE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szaLQAYeE3Q
Even if you don't like the genre, it deserves a watch. Be sure to watch the guitarist on the left during the bass solo, and at the end of the song.

that genre really IS awful though. I mean I still think it's farfetched that people get on stage and growl and talk in a weird voice and think it's good
Quote by amazingdm
that genre really IS awful though. I mean I still think it's farfetched that people get on stage and growl and talk in a weird voice and think it's good

You might not be able to hear from the video, but Josh has an amazing vocal range.

Onstage I usually get a bit drunk, get lost in the music and spazz out ATD-I style, although maybe not quite as intense.

It's hella fun.
umm... I do the frusciante thing, somtimes i'll go insane, if the song is right, jumping around and the like

I like to let the bassist and singer go crazy, if everyone in the band goes crazy, then it gets distracting and the band is hard to follow, this is especially true when im playing in a band with 2 guitarists, a bassist, singer and drummer, I usually only like to have one guitarist and the lead singer go crazy, then the other guitarist, the bassist and the drummer have an easier time holding everything together
Quote by JesusLives

ever seen jordan rudess from dream theater or chris dudley from underoath?
Damnit, someone stole my Frusciante recommendation...
But yeah watch Live at Slane Castlem, specifcally the end of Throw away your television (Dont you ever leave), the parallel universe solo, Give it away, and californication. Maybe By the way, but i cant really remember if he does a lot a slick moves.

Just feel the music and do what you feel is right.
I just move around, make silly faces, then the occasional guitar spin.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Page 1 of 2