What do you think, is the guitar better/easier with a starp? Why or why not?

I personally think that its wonderful with the strap because its easier to slide up and down because you don't have to try to carry the guitar and slide it at the same time. Also because I can walk around and play.
Well, it's pretty hard to play live without a strap. I take that back, it's real boring. Who wants to go watch a guitarist perform who is going to sit down the whole time.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
i think its easier with a strap, because you can just let it hang and use your hands to play comfortably. I think the main issues about a strap is that someone is playing it either too high or too low.

I was at the studio to cut some guitar tracks wiht my band, and ive always thought that playign sitting down gives you more control...it also makes it sound really stale and inexpresive, i ended up doing all my sessions standing up with the strap comfortably set,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
me, because i always play acoustic.

But i just got a new electric, so thats gonna change.
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
Quote by ark
i think its easier with a strap, because you can just let it hang and use your hands to play comfortably. I think the main issues about a strap is that someone is playing it either too high or too low.

I was at the studio to cut some guitar tracks wiht my band, and ive always thought that playign sitting down gives you more control...it also makes it sound really stale and inexpresive, i ended up doing all my sessions standing up with the strap comfortably set,

Does playing with the strap hurt your ability or do you just get used to it and play normal?
I play better with a strap, I can use vibrato and bend alot easier because of the free movement
^me too. Sitting down makes my movements feel restricted
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Oh ya. I forgot to ask well I just bought my strap today and I was wondering where to have the guitar. My cousin said its suppost to be at your croch, but I don't know. And I have an elctric if you were wondering Just bought my first one like last week im new at guitar lol!
Quote by Guitar_kid_92
im new at guitar lol!

really? i couldnt tell, but anywhere where it feels comfortable is okay mine is just around my waist, but Billie Joe Armstrong has his about at his knees (he doesnt solo though) and tom morello has his at his chest almost
Quote by Frostedcupcakes
Does playing with the strap hurt your ability or do you just get used to it and play normal?

playign with a strap doesnt mean the guitar is below your waist, you can put it level to how you normally would if you were sitting down. I think that playing standing up with the guitar hanging, wether it be on your chest, your stomach, or your wasit, really helps you move your left hand more freely and more preciscly. If you cant, that means your playing too low! basically, start by emulating the exact spot it is when you are playign sitting down, then lower ...or raise it, to a prefferred height. I play fairly low (below waist), i find it comfortable, i tried raisng to see if it would take tension off of my left wrist, but it ended up bothering my right shoulder.

Just ry different things, and learn to play both sitting down and standing up.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
i just superglued a strap to my acoustic.
i think sitting down gives youi more controll but if you can't play what ur trying to play standing up it means that that you haven't practised it enough or u suk
Quote by Guitar_kid_92
Oh ya. I forgot to ask well I just bought my strap today and I was wondering where to have the guitar. My cousin said its suppost to be at your croch, but I don't know. And I have an elctric if you were wondering Just bought my first one like last week im new at guitar lol!

Play with you guitar where it is most comfortable for you, its much cooler to have your guitar up high and be able to play well, than have it down low and play like ****.
If you want to make it low, gradually lower it, so you get used to it. Mine used to be at my stomach.
Quote by Guitar_kid_92

You're 13, how does that make you the Youngest? I've seen some 12 year olds around here (I'm not lying).
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
mines between my balls and my chest. its still a bit hard to play the lower strings on upper frets though.
Shredders like Joe Satriani ( yay!) and John Petrucci have their guitars very high up, like on the top end of their chest, this is good for fast control and stability, but if you're a rhythm guitarist, then you dont need that unless your rhythm work is very fast and involves a hellofa lot of chord and note changes. Basically, whatever feels comfortable, but I would say higher up is better.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I feel they both have their upsides. When standing, you can easily shift your hand around the fretboard, but when sitting, its hard sometimes to reach higherfrets without tilting your guitar all funny on your leg. I think its way easier to pick while sitting though, because your hand is more locked down in one spot.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!