http://www.ibanezrules.com/fakes.htm

have a look for it in there
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Is there any way to prove the "fakenes" of this guitar? Check the serial nubers? I thought that it is RG1550 Japan Limited Edition (like in this review http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Ibanez/RG1550-1.html - second from the down - seller says it's this model - 2003, Japan Prestige Limited - it looks correct - has "F03" in serial number (F - Japan, 03 - year) but the "Ibanez" logo looks kinda weird - like the ones in "GRX" series, the RG has logo with "nike" stripe... I don't know, what you think?
... If it's a 1550 it should have Prestige slightly above it on the headstock, and the lettering should be in gold.

Fake.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
^My 1550 doesn't.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
I really don't know what to think... Some ibanez have stripe, some has "GRX alike" logos, some are gold "prestige", some have white "prestige"... I really don't know... And what about checking serial number - is it possible (like with Fenders - you write serial number and it shows the model, year, colour etc...) Anybody knows? Resiliance - maybe you could post your guitar photo (please!)
Last edited by incockgnito at Jun 24, 2006,
I haven't got a pic of the actual guitar I have, it's a RG1550SA ... Google it.

I can give you the serial though: F0320774 ... Doesn't say much.

Still fairly convinced the other one's a fake.

Edit: My main problem is the absence of the Prestige logo on the headstock.

Click.
Hardware colour, body colour, no prestige logo and the trem looks... Like plastic. No scalloping on the lower frets, black screws (as far as I know this guitar should have either gold or silver) and finally no lions claw trem routing.

Some of these may be arguable, but notice the trem is an Edge-Pro ripoff. In that case the guitar should be new making the above comments valid.
All Prestige guitars have Prestige on the headstock. You're thinking 550 series.¨

And Sn^ke, it's not supposed to be a JEM you know. No scalloping is normal, so is the absence of a lion claw.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
... If it's a 1550 it should have Prestige slightly above it on the headstock, and the lettering should be in gold.

Fake.

My 1550 has silver Inlay,

btw that **** is fake
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by FretboardToAsh
My 1550 has silver Inlay,

btw that **** is fake

Lol yeah, my 1550 has a silver inlay too, don't know what I was thinking when I said the gold thing... Must have been thinking about some sig guitar

Click.
I'm really sorry guys for bothering you - it has appeard, that the guitar HAS silver "prestige" logo over the "Ibanez" logo, but because of bad picture quality it's almost invisible. And the guitar that was at "ibanezregister" is highly modified - pickups, pickguard, even knobs were replaced to make this guitar similar-to-JEM look... Here is how the unmodified RG1550GXWB look http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31650 Pretty similar to mine, isn't it? :-) The guy who sells my guitar showed me it yesterday - it's really nice piece of wood, I'm taking it! Thanks for help anyway!
Last edited by incockgnito at Jun 25, 2006,
550/1550 should have a maple board.

Granted someone could have gone through a lot of work to make a 550 look like a JEM, but it seems more likely it's fake. Or they went through a lot of trouble to make it look like a fake JEM. :/
can we have another pic. then, I photoshopped the other one, and tried to see if it had a 'Prestige' logo on it and I'm 85% sure it doesn't, but hey, if you're sure
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
look: Enhanced lines, if you zoom in, cna you see a "Prestige" logo?
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The logo is there. I immediately thought it was a fake because I assumed it was meant to be a JEM. But being a 550 it probably is real.

Quote by J.MitMetallica
can we have another pic. then, I photoshopped the other one, and tried to see if it had a 'Prestige' logo on it and I'm 85% sure it doesn't, but hey, if you're sure

Men, what you are talking about? I SAW THIS GUITAR!!! It's IDENTICAL to the one at http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31650, withe Prestige logo (silver, so it's not that visible even with good light) I'm buing this guitar in next week, so I will proove this!
Quote by Sn^ke
The logo is there. I immediately thought it was a fake because I assumed it was meant to be a JEM. But being a 550 it probably is real.

That Jem550 looks snazzy, I kinda like it without the monkey grip .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Looks like an RG350EX with gold hardware to me... :S
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
RG1550GXWB, crappy cam, the prestige logo is there.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic