I'm a really big fan of Apples in Stereo, Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control, some of the later bands like Of Montreal and Elf Power....

Anyone else a fan of the above-mentioned? The original three bands are pretty big in my circle of friends, especiall Neutral Milk Hotel. Definitely some of my favorites.
....and if you'll excuse me i was kind of busy getting over you.
Never heard of it. The label doesn't ever seem to release much as well judging from their page. The Olivia Tremor Control have released one 7" on the label and that's it. All they seem to've done for Of Montreal is write a chorus to a song. The Essex Green are probably my favourite that it mentions on that page, but again, they've only released one thing on the label...
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Neutral Milk are one of my favourite bands, or were even, I don't think produce anymore; do they?

In the aeroplane over the sea is an amazing album, one of the best I have.

I could pick so many songs from there as being absolutely blinding.

Any more bands similar to them, quality wise and sound wise?
Last edited by thepickups at Jun 24, 2006,
Quote by thepickups
Neutral Milk are one of my favourite bands, or were even, I don't think produce anymore; do they?

In the aeroplane over the sea is an amazing album, one of the best I have.

I could pick so many songs from there as being absolutely blinding.

Any more bands similar to them, quality wise and sound wise?

NMH have a bunch of unreleased demos/live stuff which can be found here:

http://www.the-collective.net/~sashwap/media.html

Some of it is really good.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Jun 24, 2006,
I really like Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control and Elf Power. Not a really big fan of Of Montreal or The Apples in Stereo, though. I actually just bought A Dream In Sound by Elf Power a couple days ago. It's good stuff. All the bands on the label tend to lean toward psychedelic folk, I've noticed.
I love Neutral Milk Hotel and thats the only Elephant 6 collective band i've heard. I've really wanted to listen to Apples in Stereos, but I haven't been able to get any.
NMH have a bunch of unreleased demos/live stuff which can be found here:

http://www.the-collective.net/~sashwap/media.html

Some of it is really good.

Thanks.

I just borrowed an Of Montreal album from my dad and it was amazing. I'll review it sometime today. Check it out people.
I've got Of Montreal, but i'm hoping to get some Elf Power, Beulah, and some of Jeff Magnum
The Bishop of Zeppelinism
PM The Heartbreaker to join
Neutral Milk Hotel is one of my favourite bands ever, Olivia Tremor Control and Of Montreal are also brilliant. Circulatory System is pretty good too.

I need to check out Apples in Stereo and Elf Power.

Jeff Magnum is fookin brilliant.
since a lot of Elephant 6 stuff is kinda obscure, where can i find the music because i dont see a whole lot of it in music stores, is it better to just get it off Napster or something? (i know you can download some sessions off Elephant 6.com, but i meant albums and ep's.)
The Bishop of Zeppelinism
PM The Heartbreaker to join
I only know Of Montreal, but I love the band. Do the rest of these bands sound like them?
^ If you love Of Montreal, you should enjoy Olivia Tremor Control. E6 bands have a quirky pop leaning that makes them all pretty interesting.

And, while they are not like Of Montreal, Neutral Milk Hotel are a total must to check out. Do it.
Yup, I was able to see Of Montreal twice this year once in Baton Rouge and then again in New Orleans. I plan on seeing Elf Power next week at Tipitina's. I love the Elephant 6 band's, Jeff Mangum and a member or two from Apples in Stereo are from Louisiana, so that's extra cool.
neutral milk hotel is probly my favorite band at the moment but i really havent heard that much else from elephant 6. so any suggestions? im not a big fan of olivia tremor control or of montreal, i kind of liked apples in stereo and elf power and the little bits ive heard from ulysses was very good. so anything else on there that might be along those lines?
Of Montreal is an amazing band. Definately check them out sjada.

Some songs I recommend arrrrreee...

Requiem For o.mm.2
If I Faltered Slightly Twice
Bunny Aint No Kind of Rider
Suffer For Fashion
The Party's Crashing Us

Their first album sounds completely different from everything else. It's more lo-fi. It's brilliant though.

I Was Watching Your Eyes
Don't Ask Me To Explain
Tim I Wish You Were Born a Girl

All of these songs are just to get you started, of course. If you don't have a way to download all that, just get the 4 songs off of www.freeindie.com from them.
I effing adore NMH, and I'm starting to get into of Montreal. I've been meaning to check out the Apples in Stereo for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it. Any suggestions?
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
NMH and Of Montreal are great, and, like VoodooChild15, need to get into Apples in stereo.
You can really hear the whole "collective" thing in early Of Montreal albums.