hey!

guys,i got this problem an i gota have a second opinion,please help me out!
im left handed,ive been playin an acoustic for a while now,cuz i couldnt afford the big guns,now i finally got enough wonga! and im facing another problem
there are no left handed guitars in this freakin country!

when i had an acoustic,it was just simply reversing the strings,but now,its about the controls,the strap,and the whammy,and the whole shape of the guitar!
hell!
not going into the boring details,i finally settled for a relatively symmetrical guitar,which eliminates shape and strap trouble,
but the whammy and the control kobs are still upwards
can i play this way?
and especially about the whammy,can i still use it this way
help!
did you get a right handed? you would have to wait, keep on with the acoustic, or go Jimi-style.flaws would be,respectively, waiting sucks, you would want an electric and get tired with acou, and you would be called a poser.
oh no no
i didnt buy it yet!
but its the best option ive seen so far,its symmetrical
similar to the jackson V
but its right handed,and the whammy and controls are above the strings
im still looking for a left handed guitar,but theres a chance i wont find any,and i dont trust anyone abroad to get me one
so if i dont find any lefty guitars,should i get this one?
and will i be able to use the whammy and play with the controls upwards?
nah lefties look cool using a right handed guitar

SRV used a left handed whammy on his right handed strat so if it's good enough for him it's good enough for u
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Do it like Herman Li, and if you ever manage to get your electrics, you can be the next Michael Angelo Batio, but seriously, Herman Li kicks more ass
michael angelo batio is left handed?? are you sure?
this guy is impossible!
and i didnt know herman li played a right handed guitar,thanks for the info
looks like ill have to go for it,no lefty instruments in sight!
but dont expect me to go ambidextrous! im totally content with playing one guitar at a time!!
cheers~!
MAB is ambidextrous, meaning equally adept with both hands.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Just play right handed like a normal person. I know a guy who suffers will the handicap of being left,b ut he can still play a guitar properly. Why can't you?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by gnarly_
Hendrex did it...

hendrix? lol

learn to spell.

but yeah you can play with an upside down tremolo and knobs
Quote by ufossuck
Just play right handed like a normal person. I know a guy who suffers will the handicap of being left,b ut he can still play a guitar properly. Why can't you?

because hes been playin lefty for a long time by the sounds of it, it would be hard to start from scratch
Quote by ufossuck

that seems quite ignorant.

try and wait for a left or install a pickup into your acoustic.
order a lefty online ? whats your budget an where do you live?
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
Quote by ufossuck

there is no way anyones off hand is coordinated enough to play single strings without having to look at them
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
there is no way anyones off hand is coordinated enough to play single strings without having to look at them

Yeah, I guess you would know. Maybe I don't know a left handed guy who plays right handed.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
I think you should order a leftly guitar online, or keep looking for one in your area.

Now you CAN play reverse style, but I would recommend you try this before settling on it, as it might be uncomfortable enough to put people off guitar playing completely. See if you can try one out somewhere, or I guess just keep looking for a lefty.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
I play lefty, and I think that reversing the strings would be fine. I've done it to a couple guitars myself.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by red star

Actually, Mark Knopfler and BB King were both lefty guitarists who played right-handed. Still, it would be pretty near impossible to re-learn with your opposite hand having been playing one way for so long, so you're sorta right.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by redaxe
MAB is ambidextrous, meaning equally adept with both hands.

he left handed ,but learnt right handed and then taught himself how to play lefty
if you can afford a Jackson V, like you said, they make them left handed aswell, try www.guitarbargains.com they have them on there but its like 2300 euros...but if you can afford it...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
ive been playing lefty for a while now,i and reversing to my non dominant hand wont be really a good idea,i like it this way!!

an' of course i cant afford a jackson V! its some ****ty copy but thats all i can afford,and besides,good guitars cost a fortune here!
i live in egypt, and the music scene here isnt exactly "rock n roll",actually i dont think i can call it music at all! so finding what i want is really tough!
and lefty instruments are nonexistent,the only way is to order online,which quadraples the cost!
or to find someone trusty enough to get if from abroad for you,and i dont really know anyone trustworthy for this
you gotta test the guitar yourself before you buy it as well,we all know that!

but i just got info that someone can get me something good n lefty,gonna contact him and see how it goes,but still im leaving all doors open!i dont wanna end up with something crappy
Quote by theusedsk8er
hendrix? lol

learn to spell.

but yeah you can play with an upside down tremolo and knobs

I knew that its just the I and E on keyboards are so close I accidently hit E instead of I...
E and I are close on keyboard? Are you serious.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Quote by wind88
E and I are close on keyboard? Are you serious.

**** yes I am serious...
Sorry for my ignorance. I apologize.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Don't know exactly how long you've been playing lefty...personally, I'm left-handed, but playnig left-handed is totally unnatural for me. Right handed seems much more comfortable...for me, anyway. Preference, I suppose.
Have you tried out a right handed guitar? It'll probably feel pretty uncomfortable at first, but if you're having trouble finding a lefty in your area, it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot...you don't have to buy it.

Someone mentioned Knopfler and BB King being left handed...were they left handed, but played right? Or did they play both left and right?
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
ive been playin lefty long enough not to start over again!,readjusting my hands to work the opposite way is not really a good idea!and i wouldnt really be as good,i tried to play right once for fun,i screwed!
plus i really like it this way!

BB king was left handed,but he practiced playing right
knopfler also is left handed,but plays right,"it has some advantages" he says,"my strong hand is at the neck,which allows for easy multiple string bends and easy vibrato"
but i still wanna play lefty!