Ok so i've been looking at B.C Rich Mockingbirds but i really don't know where to start. There are so many models I don't know which is the best to choose etc...

Any ideas as to what's a good model? And should I be looking at B.C Rich or another company?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
I've heard some really bad stuff about BCR. But since they're endorsed by Slash himself, get a higher end Mockingbird. Any low-cost Mockingbird is crap.

I've had my eyes set on a Mockingbird myself. Just stay away from the Bronze series.
Well if you are looking at BC rich, then their barely decent guitars are the platinum series, they barely cut it, but hey, they are slightly decent.
You should try a second handed 80's BC Rich , I heard those are way better then plywood-with-some-shiny-things-on-it guitars of today.
Orange Enthousiast.
Just don't get a Bronze series one. They're absolutely horrid, if you want a good one you're going to have to spend some cash, and for the price you will spend, you are better off getting something that will be twice as good for the same price.

In short, you pay a lot more money for a decent quality BC Rich guitar because of it's shape. Whereas you could buy an excellent guitar for the same price.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
i agree with mike

that being said

i love the mockingbird shape
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Ok well it's not specifically the shape i'm bothered about, although I do like it. Price range probably maxes out about 600GBP.

And ideas of guitars that may be similar and worthwhile purchases?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
An LTD Viper 400 runs about £630, if you could afford that you'd have an EXCELLENT guitar.

You can get it with seymour duncans or EMGs. So it caters for a pretty wide range of music.

The other 400 series LTDs are worth a look too, I'm just a little partial to Vipers

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_viper.html

Check it out.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music