prettty much self explanotory but, if you used thick strings would it develop your speed faster than using light strings?
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
you will develop speed with practice, not with strings. Even though lighter strings are much softer in bends and stuff like that, so you may feel a little more speedy in them, tough you aren't
Gear:

Ibanez SoundGear SR300DX Bass

Digitech BP200
With thicker strings your fingers will become stronger, this may even more noticeable if you are to change back to a lighter gauge
What I ment was if i practiced on thicker strings would you develop more speed. Develop means growth over time so i figured people would think i meant would practicing on thicker strings develop speed more. It was more curiousity than im doing it, but it came to me while i played acoustic.
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
It would help make your fingers stronger (So you would probably speed up, find long stretches easier, bends easier etc. etc.). I used 12's for a few months. Playing on my LP knockoff (Which has 9/10s); there is a hell of a difference. But it would have to be quite a bit of a gauge difference to be noticable. And most guitars can't really handle heavier gauges without spazzing up.
k, i think my dads guitar(which is the one i have to play for about 2-3 months) has like 12s on it, and I usually play 8-10s, whichever im in the mood of the couple of months to play :-D.
But bear in mind you will probably be quite a bit slower at playing a guitar with 12s. Higher action, harder bends, it takes that bit more effort. But it does wonders for strength.
Its alright, I usually practice at about 40 tempo and slowly climbing up anyways
Yes, start with high action and high gauge strings, do that for 1 year, then switch to whatever strings you want, and voila, you will just be amazed.