I was thinking of getting another guitar to add to my setup other than my strat. I narrowed the selection down to two, either the Gibson SG Faded or the Epiphone Les Paul Standard. What do u recommend for a genuine classic rock sound?

And by the way, I'm probably going to be plugging it into a Marshall DSL410 once i sell my behringer and save up enough money for it.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
For classic rock, either a Fender strat, gibson les paul, or gibson SG

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
Either of those guitars (the SG or LP) will give you good classic rock sound. Just try them out and get whichever you like better. I personally have an SG and love it. But I do plan on getting an LP soon too.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
the gibson LPs are too expensive though. at least with the gibson sg the price is only in the $600s.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
what is the difference in sound between the two guitars i mentioned in my first post?

and also, my price point is about $800.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Quote by guitarfreek909
what is the difference in sound between the two guitars i mentioned in my first post?

and also, my price point is about $800.

gibson has an all mahogany body for the warmth sound while the epi has a mahogany body with a piece of alder in it
no. i mean the difference in sound between the gibson sg special and the epi LP standard.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass