I have to learn Voodoo Chile for my guitar lesson thingy an i go today an i still dunno what this song sounds like can anyone help me get it, an im talking about the origanol NOT THE SLIGHT RETURN VERSION!
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
Voodoo Chile = a 15 minute jam song, with a bunch of organ parts in it, not sure if there really is anything to learn except to know how to improvise like hendrix and make sure to have a rythm section that can keep the thing going on. Otherwise good luck

I'm pretty sure the Voodoo Child (Slight Return) is what you want to learn.... The Stevie Ray Vaughn cover of it is labelled "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)"
nope i mean the origanol we havent even printed off all of the sheet music yet dude, i know what im talkin bout but thanks anyways, is there a recording of it i can get?
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
Its on Hendrix's album Electric Ladyland

Though I still don't see much purpose in learning a jam like this one note for note, just extend whatever you want and turn it into a jam
whats the difference between the original and slight return?
this is my sig. there are many like it, but this is mine.

Brown Sugar
Quote by 2ndslash
whats the difference between the original and slight return?

The "original" is just a freakin sweet 15 minute long blues jamm thing, and its totally underrated. Slight return is kind of a reprise, and its way shorter.
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
thank you kindly for explaining... i never knew the difference
this is my sig. there are many like it, but this is mine.

Brown Sugar
Whats the difference between:
Voodoo Child?
Voodoo Chile?
Voodoo Child (Slight Return)?
Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)?

I have been wondering this. I know how to play one of them, but dont know what the difference is.
Voodoo Chile = 15 minute bluesy jam type song (got some lyrics and stuff too)

Voodoo Child = probably jsut the Slight Return one with the title shortened

Voodoo Child (Slight Return) = the Voodoo Child we all know with the scratchy wah wah intro (Well, I stand up next to a mountain....)

Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) = the Stevie Ray Vaughn cover of said song, he probably mixed up everything too
I thought people were just misspelling it. Voodoo Child sounds correct and makes sense when you listen to the lyrics. Voodoo Chile sounds like a typo. Does anyone know for sure?

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

'chile' is not a typo. It's a wierd American-ish way of saying 'child' but the title for the second song was changed so that people don't get confused. Then SRV came along and mixed the two together, and called it Voodoo Chile (Slight Return), probably because he used bits from both the songs
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I think I read somewhere that it was a typo when they were copying down the track list of the album
Yea... I was trying to work out what a "Chile" is, but Hendrix sings "I'm a Voodoo chile" and not "child" in Voodoo Chile.
Doesn't matter though, they're all good songs.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30