hi fellow UG'ers..... this may sound like a noobish type question but here goes: I purchased a Epiphone LP Custom about 5 months ago and I have yet to change the strings. I play mostly rock but i'm moving into a jazzier area. I was wondering which type of strings would best suit my guitar and playing style....
i play rock and im fixin to put Elixers on my guitar, then when i get my LP im putting them on there too
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
If ur playing jazz use 11s. I recommend rotosound coz there cheap and sound great. U may need a truss rod adjustment if u currently have 10s though.
My earnie ball's rusted really quick. Idk it might have just been because i played alot that week, but after a week and half they started rusting
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by Jonny02
U may need a truss rod adjustment if u currently have 10s though.

hey, my guitar came with 9s on it, and i like 10s, so i slapped some elixirs 10s on there. do i have to do anything to the truss rod? the strings have been kind of buzzing, but the amp doesn't pick it up, so it hasn't really bothered me.
I never change my truss rod when I change my type of strings ... dunno how important that is though
You should fix the truss rod after changing string guages, but usually if its a dramatic increase. You should, however, never attempt to fix it yourself, as if you break the truss rod, its generally cheaper to buy an entire new neck than fix it, which is something you dont want to have to do.
If your hands are still weak and noobish use 9's. But its all preference. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Jazzier/rock

D'addario .013's Jazz Medium Gauge.

Good deep sound or for jazz noise, depending on your set up