I'm selling off my Epiphone Les Paul Custom in order to get some money to buy a new guitar. I'm looking to play mostly hardcore, a little blues (just for my band's interludes and such), some general rock and some punk. I'm looking for a really fast neck with 24 frets. My price range is around $550 - $650. Here's what I've come across that I want so far:

1) ESP Viper 400- I love the look of these and a major part in me wanting it is the fact my favorite guitarist (Thomas Erak of the Fall of Troy) plays one. I can't try one out, due to the fact there's no dealers near where I live, but I thought maybe I could special order it at a Guitar Center, try it out and if I don't like it, they can just keep it on the wall for someone else to buy.
2) ESP EC-400 - Same ordeal with the Viper 400. Thomas Erak plays it and I have no dealers around me.
3) Schecter Tempest Custom- I've played it before and it had a great neck, but I wasn't too fond of the pick-ups. I was thinking about dropping some EMGs in there. And the fact that it doesn't have 24 frets kinda turns me off.
4) Jackson DXMGT-SP HT Dinky - I played this twice before and it astonished me how great it was for the price. Very smooth, fast neck and I felt very "natural" playing it. Only problem was that I didn't really like the alder body and the HZ pick-ups were very meh.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I've played the Dean and I thought it was very meh. And to Frank, no, none of these have a Floyd. I don't really need one.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
The EC-400 is very nice. I've got one. It doesn't have 24 frets though, just incase you didn't notice.
Really? I was under the impression it did. That was kinda my last choice though. I like the way any Les Paul style guitar feels, but I just hate the fret access in the higer registers. I'm more leaning towards the Viper 400.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
^If you can't try out one of those ESPs, I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it. Even the ****ty, low-end models play nicely. You'd just have to make sure you get one with the specs you like.
I just want a thin neck and heavy tone, and I'm fairly sure the ESP's deliver both.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Why not get an RG w/ mahogany body and change the pups?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
All four are good mid level choices. I've played each one and have owned the DXMG for 3 years and loved it so much that I just bought the DXMGT to compliment my gear so I wouldn't have to deal with tremlo issues when drop tuning.

The best advice I can give on my 20 years of playing is to let the guitar choose you. One's dream rig is another's POS. Before I bought the DXMG, I was lusting after another, more expensive guitar. I would spend hours for several weeks going to Guitar Center and test drive anything I could get my hands on. On looks, I wasn't overly impressed with the DXMG, but I found myself picking it up and spending more time with it than others. As you said, it felt natural and I loved the feel and the tone. Basically, it choose me and has been my favorite ever since...and past guitars include a Charvel 3DR, Ibanez RG570, Kramer, as well as a coule of forgettable beginner guitars.

You might want to test the RGs in addition to the ones you're looking at. Though I think they all come with the tremlo they have a fast neck and are meant for metal, but as noted earlier, pups can always be changed to suit taste.
Quote by Deal
You might want to test the RGs in addition to the ones you're looking at. Though I think they all come with the tremlo they have a fast neck and are meant for metal, but as noted earlier, pups can always be changed to suit taste.

The RG321mh doesn't have a tremolo...
I FINALLY tried the ESPs out. I found a hole in the wall dealer around my girlfriend's house. I tried the Viper 400 through an Orange Rockerverb 100 and it was just... mindblowing. The tone was amazing. It was very warm, kinda mellow and very defined. Despite the fact the Viper 400 has EMGs, it has its own distinct tone and it had a very warm, fat tone, which is really what I like. It's not as fat as a Les Paul, but not as thin as an SG, which where I like it. It's not so fat that it's muddy and undefined like modern Gibson LP's, but it's fat to where it's very ballsy. I tried the EC-400 and I didn't like it nearly as much as the Viper. It wasn't a bad guitar, it just didn't feel like "the" guitar for me. It's neck felt a little rounder and its tone was a little fatter. I also tried out another ESP, the MH-400, and I have to say, I really liked it. It had a very smooth, thin, fast neck and felt a lot like the Jackson Soloist, but as of now, I'm not really considering it because of the FR. As of right now, I'm more looking to acquire my primary guitars (Viper 400, EC-400, Gibson Les Paul Double Cut) and acquiring the other guitars later.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
If you're talking about trying it through my amp, I'm actually getting rid of it. I'm borrowing a 5150 for a while until I get my Orange AD30 stack.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2