Last night, i was bored, posting on UG, when i looked at my rig. And i thought to myself....ok great, i'm getting somewhere. I have my amp, a 100w Ibanez Toneblaster Combo amp, which is very loud. Then my Boss GT6, which recently arrived thanks to the good people at UPS. And that has so much **** in it, its rediculous. Next are my guitars. My 1st, a Squier Stagemaster, my 2nd, an ESP F50, and my third and most recently purchased, my PRS Carlos Santana SE.

So back to the story, i was looking at all of my stuff, and thought...is this all right for me? I LOVE LOVE LOVE playing the different types of metal (thrash, speed, metalcore, hardcore, death, etc) but i also like playing other stuff too thats not so heavy. Yeah sure, Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, Dream Theater, Megadeth, ACDC, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, As I Lay Dying, Unearth, Underoath, Avenged Sevenfold, Fintroll, Arch Enemey, Shadows Fall, and alot more, then a transition to some Chili Peppers, Sum41, Lostprophets, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Staind...but then still, a majority is all metal.

So i look at my amp. Eeeeep. Not for metal without a doubt. Then the Boss GT6. Well thats just for effects and **** so thats perfect. But the PRS...wow i love this guitar, but realized...it's not really made for metal. This morning i thought about swapping pups and **** like that...but i really dont know what to do with any of my rig. Where did i go wrong?
i own the 6B bosses bass version of what you have and i use my guitar with it (basically the same distortion on some settings) and with it your fine. i also play alot of metal and i own a gibson ES-335, a semihollow guitar. if i can play metal on that thing you can play i on your PRS. last the amp, get rid of it, or keep it as a practice amp and get a new one, that is gonna be your base of the sound. and dont go cheap get a good amp now, one you can live with later. also get an EQ, like i own a behringer 31 band EQ and i can use it to get so many different distortion styles its crazy. so my advice, new amp and EQ and youll be fine
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
my guess is you got guitars you just overall liked. and didnt test them out for what you Love.
e -------15^1-
b ----13-------
g -14----------
i agree with you a peyote coyote...i only tested out the ESP and was so caught up in the looks which i thought were sexy IMO.

i know i definately need to upgrade my amp. which i will.

but what about a new guitar? i want one with 24 frets. or should i just upgrade my prs?
well, if ya really want a new guitar with 24 frets, i suggest a better esp. Maybe a viper or something along that price range......ummm......as for an amp, Laneys and traynors are good for metal.
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

Periphery / Between the Buried and Me /
Ten After Two / Circa Survive /
Upon a Burning Body / / Bury Tomorrow /
Animals As Leaders / God Is An Astronaut

Proud member of the Seven String Legion.
i just suggest this traynor
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-YCV40-Custom-Valve-Combo-Amp?sku=480959
or
this guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Viper-400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516660

but, my professional advice to you is, get the Traynor.......your prs will sound like a dream through this because the amp comprises of 75% of your overall sound (and an extra 2 or 3 frets isnt that important...)
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands

40 watts of PURE amp tone translates to about 120 watts of solid state amp tone....it'll kill that little ibanez you got....... its enough power to play anywhere you want.
Proud Egnater Fanboy

Favorite Bands