Page 1 of 2
My Favorites are:

Take this Job and Shove it- i'm a drum teacher at a local music store and sometimes i just wanna take that job and shove it...i want more Hours

Anarchy For Sale- I Wish...but really its just a funny song to me...the dk's are funny.

Too Drunk to F*ck- The song has a Good Guitar run that has a good Surf style i think. it never gets old. In my opinion The Dk's have one of the most talented guitarist of punk...he has a lot of good ideas in all their songs...lets see what u guys think!
Insight- The intro is hella tight and our band covers it

Jock-o-rama - Because I love the break haha

Cover of Viva Las Vegas - Jello's voice is really different and its the perfect mix between Elvis, and DK
"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth if you go straight long enough youll end up where you were."
- Isaac Brock

Real Men Dig Feminists

... and love pink!
When Ya Get Drafted- Great lyrics and guitar. I love the mini-lead, it was one of the first dk songs I learned.
MTV Get Off The Air- Agree 100% lyrics wise, Ray comes through again.
Drug Me- love the guitar part.... pre-Ray DK

Pretty much all of Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables
wot?
Too Drunk To Fu*k-I Just Like The Song

Take This Job And Shove It-because I have some shirt with that on it, and it makes people angry when I wear it

A Child And His Lawnmower
Quote by JMack
Fallinsuburbia is a very intelligent user. Trust him.

Quote by Red.Washburn77

fallinsuburbia looks like an old Egyptian pharoh, carrying a Les Paul Custom, and, while he's only 10, he gets all the girls for looking seven years older than he actually is...
Saturday Night Holocaust - Like the sound of the song; the slow build up to when it takes off. Also like the dark imagery warning people about being forced into cattle cars and hauled off to detention camps.
I think Jello had that one right, as Halliburton is building the detention camps right now.
http://news.pacificnews.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=eed74d9d44c30493706fe03f4c9b3a77

When Ya Get Drafted - Punk rock conspiracy song that mentions the Trilateral Commision. Has everything a growing boy needs.

In Sight - That was me in school. Actually, it's still me.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Chicken**** Conformist - Reminds me of a lot of "punks" i know now days.

Do The Slag - this one has "Scene Kids" written all over it.

Lie Detector - starts out with a slow rock sound, then goes into the awesome punk beat. love the bass.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Holiday in Cambodia - Best lyrics I've ever heard
Insight - Describes me pretty well, and how noone gets that I don't want to be everyones friend
Pull my strings - because of where they played it and what it was about
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
rofl @ teh B-52s reference!
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by pistols
Holiday in Cambodia - Best lyrics I've ever heard
Insight - Describes me pretty well, and how noone gets that I don't want to be everyones friend
Pull my strings - because of where they played it and what it was about

That must be tough
wot?
The performance of Pull My Strings has to be everyones number one...
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Holiday In Cambodia- So fun to play on guitar..i could play the intro riff for hours.

Nazi Punks **** Off- Awesome song, good lyrics, and i saw an awesome live video of it.

Drug Me- I love very fast-paced music...so, that's why i guess. great song too (aren't all DK songs?)
Saturday Night Holocaust - Scary song with a mad build up and cutting edge lyrics.

When Ya Get Drafted - Another one that displays Jeloo's paranoia and there may just be a little truth in it

Your Emotions- It's another cool song.

I can't be bothered to go in depth, sorry.
Saturday Night Holocaust- i have to agree the imagery they create about the people all being totally blind to the massacers happening and people being shipped off as cattle, also has one of the greatest dk riffs ive heard

Soup Is Good Food-i like the riff, the song has a nice vibe to it, and the situation it creates kinda reminds me of my dads work life from the past

Police truck-this song has the most driving bassline, it simple but it just kicks the song into action when it comes in. it also has some pretty kickarse lyrics
are there any horse socks? is anyone listening to me?
Quote by CoolDudeMorgasm
The performance of Pull My Strings has to be everyones number one...

The dead kennedys don't play that song live any more because Ray can no longer do the solo
Nazi Punks.. - Just so angry and I agree w/ the meaning.

California Uber Alles - First song I learned by them

Kill The Poor - Just a good song.
Kill The poor- Just love this song cos its so Catchy

Poilce truck- Catchy as F**k and a good song for a band to cover.

Buzzbomb- because the vocals are so funny
Quote by ss311
Why Can't He Do The Solo Now!?

probably arthritis cuz his ass is 10000 years old
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Riot-it has a lot of different sounds to it. It tells the story of a riot. and its just neat and Ray has some decent parts onnit.
Saturday Night Holocaust-i really like the build up as well and it just like takes off like a ****ing rocket when ray comes in. and i like that riff a lot too.
Kinky Sex Makes the World Go 'Round- i like Bleed For Me and its in the background and jello is like serenading the prime minister with big business and foreign policy.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
probably arthritis cuz his ass is 10000 years old

Probably.

Plus, sometimes when you play very special shows you can extra well, and performances can get fluke-laden.

It's a well documented phenonoma.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
rofl @ teh B-52s reference!

HA-HA!
Get it? GET IT?!
Jello sounds JUST like Fred Schneider!

I'm so clever.

Circle that A, motherfucker!
Government Flu- Everything about this song is perfect, from the lyrics to the opening riff.

When Ya Get Drafted- Conspiracies, awesome riffs, a bass and guitar mini-solo, and just great interaction in the chorus.

Anarchy For Sale- Energy, bashing of the punk scene, and those ever-great party vocals.

Am I the only one not impressed by Pull My Strings?
Pull my strings in my humble opinion was great for its time and place. However, it was sorta poppy. I think the DKs opted for irony though. If you think about how it was an anti establishment song that was actually played to the establishment, that should help you repect it all the more even if you don't like the song itself. I'm just tired of all these anti establishment punk songs that are never played to the establishment. God Save the Queen and Pull my Strings did that and that's why I love them both even when I think I may be getting tired of them.
Quote by ss311
Pull my strings in my humble opinion was great for its time and place. However, it was sorta poppy. I think the DKs opted for irony though. If you think about how it was an anti establishment song that was actually played to the establishment, that should help you repect it all the more even if you don't like the song itself. I'm just tired of all these anti establishment punk songs that are never played to the establishment. God Save the Queen and Pull my Strings did that and that's why I love them both even when I think I may be getting tired of them.

what about AC/DC, there an "Anti Establishment' band. and there in the establishment, shouldnt that give you a hard on?
I think that the DKs intentionally wrote the music to Pull My Strings poppy, just to make fun of the style. Anyway...

Forward To Death - Pretty angry song, and it's really catchy.

Ill in the Head - Cool guitar part and kind of funny vocals.

Your Emotions - Also really catchy, and it doesn't beat around the bush.
Am I the only one not impressed by Pull My Strings?

Musicially, from a nerdy elitist muso POV, the solo's intonation is piss-poor, and it is too boxy.

However, it serves a point at taking the piss out of long guitar solos, and it will get you laid any day of the week the minute you play it, so you can't knock it.

EDIT: Not that I could improve upon it.
Quote by indestructible8
what about AC/DC, there an "Anti Establishment' band. and there in the establishment, shouldnt that give you a hard on?

ACDC give me a hard-on, but it's actually because they dress up as schoolboys.
well insight is a great song, jellos voice is just ****ing annoying.
Has anyone noticed how the intros to DK's Goons of Hazzard and Cowboys in Africa by the Bush Tetras sound the same?

I presume the DK song is based on the TV theme?
Y'all realize that "Pull My Strings" is DK's parody of The Knack, right?
The whole "My Payola" line is their version of The Knack's "My Sharona".

They were joining in on the whole "Nuke The Knack" camapign that a bunch of punk bands in Cali had started, after The Knack got signed to a major label, while bands that had been around longer, and were actual punks, were ignored.

Just checking.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by johnnynemo

They were joining in on the whole "Nuke The Knack" camapign that a bunch of punk bands in Cali had started, after The Knack got signed to a major label, while bands that had been around longer, and were actual punks, were ignored.

Just checking.

Like that whole "Black Flag kills ants" thing? I don't really know what that was all about, anyone care to explain?
Page 1 of 2