Played an Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition today in a shop, loved it. Monday being the only chance for me to buy it, im looking for some people who know something about this guitar for some info on specifications, etc.. (I cant find it anywhere on the )internet, perhaps because it is a limited ed).

These are the specs more or less:

Les Paul style (says "Les Paul model" on the headstock)
Says "Gibson" on the truss-rod cover
Says "Epiphone Limited edition" on the back of the headstock (a little logo type thing)
Made in Korea
Pickups "designed by Gibson USA"
Green tuners (the typical les paul ones)
Wood-colour finish
Zebra pickups (!) black-white
22 frets
Seems like a one piece body, not a usual epiphone mahogany/alder slab type thing..

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Does anyone know anything about this guitar? Anyone that owns or has played it? I just want some info and second opinions before I decide to go out and buy it in 24 hrs.. Is it full mahogony?

Oh, and they're asking 450 euros for it.. which is like 560 bucks more or less.. How is this for a price for a limited edition epi les paul?

Thanks in advance,
Stijn
Meh...limited edition epiphone's aren't anything special. The features you mentioned are features of almost all epi les pauls. An LP standard costs about 439 euros.

It's probably some old limited edition that no-one cares about. If it sounds good, go for it. I'm just saying that 'limited edition' means nothing here.
i happen to have a guitar basically like that, it is a epi lp limited edition, but without the zebra pups, it had paf pups, and i love it. everyone that hears it thinks it is better than the lower lvl gibsons, and in my mind and most other people minds it is a elitist, but it really isnt. it you love it, go for it.
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
mmh you wouldn't happen to live in Limburg, Belgium?

anyway, if you like it, go for it!
I found this : http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2006/Epiphone-Guitar-Of-The-Month.html
but there's not really a ?450 LP in it...
Didn't the shop owner know anything more about it?
dont waist your money on a cheep knock-off of a gibson,save a little longer and get the real thing. 20 yrs from now you'll be thankfull when that gibson is still your favorate guitar.
If you like it, and like the sound of it, why not?

Who gives a damn about what name is on the headstock. If it plays well, it's a keeper. Make sure you play it one more time, I find that second impressions tend to be less biased than the first time. Second impressions have saved me from dropping cash on more gear.
Quote by JorisBlack
mmh you wouldn't happen to live in Limburg, Belgium?

anyway, if you like it, go for it!
I found this : http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2006/Epiphone-Guitar-Of-The-Month.html
but there's not really a ?450 LP in it...
Didn't the shop owner know anything more about it?

Nope I dont.. i live in warsaw (poland) but found this guitar in amsterdam And no, I asked them if they got anything with the guitar (like a spec sheet or sth..) but they didnt so they couldnt tell me much
Quote by El Codyo

Nope, fortunately not! (specials usually suck). It doesnt have the special II thing on the headstock and trussrod, has gibson on the trussrod and "les paul model" on the headstock..
Quote by 6505
dont waist your money on a cheep knock-off of a gibson,save a little longer and get the real thing. 20 yrs from now you'll be thankfull when that gibson is still your favorate guitar.

... I played a gibson studio right before this epiphone and decided that the gibson was not in the least worth the price tag which was more than twice that of the epi... (yes, i know the studio is a lower model than the standard, but apparently it has the same specs just lower grade cosmetics...). And in 20 years ill have enough money to buy a gibson if I feel like it.. Im on a budget right now..
Quote by singlecoiled
Make sure you play it one more time, I find that second impressions tend to be less biased than the first time. Second impressions have saved me from dropping cash on more gear.

I played it yesterday, and im going back tomorrow to play it again and make my decision.. before that time any opinions and comments are MORE than welcome!

Thanks to all those that have replied and those that (hopefully ) will reply in the next few hours..
EDIT:
Quote by singlecoiled
If you like it, and like the sound of it, why not?

Who gives a damn about what name is on the headstock.

Yes, i agree totally.. the only thing that I really want to make sure of is that the body is full mahogany.. the rest on the guitar I can mod, except for the body material, so I just want to make sure its mahogany, how can i tell?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
we need more info such as neck joint

Set/glued neck it seems to be.. (not sure if that is the same..) NOT bolt on at least..
Yea, if you really liked it and think that it's a keeper, buy it, no matter what model it is.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Might be a Standard plain-top with the covers taken off. Epi uses whatever's laying around for pickups, I've seen alot of the guitars come stock with one or two zebras underneath the covers.
Is there any way that i can tell by lookinhg at it if it is a full mahogany body, made from a different wood, or if it is a combination (mahogany/alder for example,like man std epi's)?

Because thats basically the only thing holdig me back at the moment.
Quote by 6505

hahahahahahahahah the les paul was designed in a epiphone shop, dude your stupid, gibson owns epiphone's and elitist's are basically the same as gibsons, just with epiphone on the headstock...
so if you like the guitar-go for it! dont take anyones **** about the brand, if you like it, buy the guitar
Quote by Arlabester
hahahahahahahahah the les paul was designed in a epiphone shop, dude your stupid, gibson owns epiphone's and elitist's are basically the same as gibsons, just with epiphone on the headstock...
so if you like the guitar-go for it! dont take anyones **** about the brand, if you like it, buy the guitar

Well, you fail at knowledge.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Please, no gibson-epi bashing... I really need help, cos im going back to the shop tomorrow morning and thats my only chance (I dont live here) so an help is highly appreciated!
have you seen the transparent blue quilt top.one of the coolest finishes ive ever seen
well, if you buy it, it would be great to post some pics in here
just make sure you like it...check quality (finish, knobs crackling when turned, tune stability...)
Quote by 6505

If it was a knock off the company wouldent be owned by Gibson...Its not a knock off its just not a Gibson Les Paul its an Epiphone Les Paul...Therefore it is a "real" Les Paul...Stop being an ass dude...
wait werent epiphone a separate company before being bought out. and as far as full mahogany its only the standard plain top and some sigs and g-400
Quote by azn_guitarist25
wait werent epiphone a separate company before being bought out. and as far as full mahogany its only the standard plain top and some sigs and g-400

either way, I don't care about the woods, I'm not sure if he does as well. Would be a major bummer if a dude gave up an awesome playing guitar just because there was a 1 inch slab of alder in the centre
^Care about his sound? That alder just adds a little more bright end to the guitar. Some people like it, some people don't. I'm guessing you don't.
Those Limited Edtion Epi Les Pauls are decent guitars in terms of wood. They ARE mahogany with a thin maple top. All Epi pickups slaim "Designed in the USA" and they all suck IMO, so that's not really a 'feature'. And those tuners are plain junk. Even the "Deluxe" tuners they put on Gibsons are garbage.

But short of pickups and tuners, that's a pretty good guitar.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I got it

Apparently it was all mahogany, thats what a guy in the shop said (he was actually a guitar builder himself so I trusted him ).

Cant take the guitar with me on the plane (I bought it in Holland, I live in Poland... although I am Dutch) but it is safely stored at a relative's house at the moment.. In august I will take it back and I'll post pics of it here!

Thanks for all your help, once again!
Stijn
Haha you're right.. but my dad works for heineken and he got a job in poland so thus.. we've lived all over actually, Bahamas, Vietnam, Spain.. and Holland of course.. Im in Poland for another year.. then going to study in Holland or UK, havnt decided