ive been trying to play "ten years gone" by led zeppelin for the past 3 days, and i can get the fist parts, but the part that goes

e|---------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------0-------------------------2-|
G|-------------------2--4-2--4-4-4--6-2---2-4-2--2-2-2-4-2-|
D|-----------2-3-2---2--2-2--5-5-5--5-4---4-4-4--3-3-3-3-2-|
A|------0-3--------0--------------------0------------------|
E|-2-3-----------------------------------------------------|

i cant get it. is there any technique. like any shape i should use?
ma' gear: -Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Left-handed
w/ push pull pot and series mod
-Ovation Acoustic-electric
-Vox Valvetronix ad30vt amp w/ effects loop mod
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
-Rocktron short timer delay pedal
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
what do you mean taht you can't get it? do mean you cant play it or you can't play it up to tempo?
My Gear:
Vox AD15VT
Line 6 Spider ll 112
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Temptest
Quote by oriolesazb
mine is probably that totaly awsomely hard solo in wake me up when september ends, evry time i hear that solo i drool.
Quote by b.c. warlock
what do you mean taht you can't get it? do mean you cant play it or you can't play it up to tempo?

yea i guess and keep trying to play it but it wont come out right!
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Looks like pretty basic riffing to me,
I'd say start with your 2nd finger and just play it out from there.
The first few double stops I assume are barred with the first finger and then you make the changes using your 3rd or 4th finger. For the next three double stops fret the G with your second finger and then make the changes with your 1st and 3rd/4th finger. I'm pretty sure the rest is self explanatory...
Quote by DispsablePuppet
drill a hole in the side of your guitar, and make sweet love to the beautiful instrument. twice.

I dig the pretty colors in your eyes.
It looks to me like after the signle notes you should barre the D and G strings with your first finger to play the next three notes at the 2nd fret, slide up to the 4th fret and back again for the rest of it, although it still doesn't look that easy, there are some slightly tricky bits.
start with your first finger on the 2nd fret instead of the second finger, then play up the e,a, and d strings. then when you get to the double note part, barre the first finger on the second fret and play the fourth fret with your third finger. then when it goes to the 4th and 5th frets, just slide up the neck but rearrange your fingers. you should have middle finger on 5th fret and pointer on 4th. then use your ring finger to play the six. then when it gets to the 2nd and 4th fret part, play 2nd fret with pointer finger and fourth with third. then when you play both strings fourth fret just barre your third finger. then for the end use the same technique as with the 4th and 5th frets and then end on a. was that any help?
I will fuc
^ ah yes 1st finger is more practical.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
drill a hole in the side of your guitar, and make sweet love to the beautiful instrument. twice.

I dig the pretty colors in your eyes.
k ill try those methods. thank for the help
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by Abe
It looks to me like after the signle notes you should barre the D and G strings with your first finger to play the next three notes at the 2nd fret, slide up to the 4th fret and back again for the rest of it, although it still doesn't look that easy, there are some slightly tricky bits.

Yeah I agree with Abe.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?