My friend bought an interface and its great if you just plug the guitar straight in but...it only comes out clean then. We tried using a pedal and it worked but it hardly sound like real distortion. Is there a way i can get my amplifier hooked up to the interface with the guitar??
If you amp has a line out jack, you can run a cable from that into your interface. Other than that you will need to mic your amp.
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
You probably need an cabinet simulator.
Or EQ it so you take out everything above 5khkz and everything below 100hz, add a slight mid scoop around 500hz
rough idea of the EQ curve you'd get: http://www.runoffgroove.com/condor-marshall.png

or the line out/fx send/headphone jack if there is one from your amp would also work.
What program do u use? In some of the recording programs u can put distortion on the track u recorded, also what interface does ur friend have?
Edit: But I would do wat ICanPlayWell said, mic ur amp, interfaces arent bad for that unless ur friends doesnt have a mic input
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
I tried the line out thing from the amp into the interface...but it wasnt picking up anysound, im not really sure why? I did it right i think. Plugged guitar into amp, amp into interface interface into comp and i had the software up (doesnt provide distortion) and it just wasnt picking any sound up whatsoever...i had the volume up, i made sure of that. Whats wrong?

EDIT: Is it possible im using the wrong cable? It fits tho.
Quote by Koolcow
I tried the line out thing from the amp into the interface...but it wasnt picking up anysound, im not really sure why? I did it right i think. Plugged guitar into amp, amp into interface interface into comp and i had the software up (doesnt provide distortion) and it just wasnt picking any sound up whatsoever...i had the volume up, i made sure of that. Whats wrong?

EDIT: Is it possible im using the wrong cable? It fits tho.

Could be possible. Do you have it in the right jack?
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp