4 20%
Classic 30
16 80%
Voters: 20.
So?
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

What are you wanting to compare? And for what styles etc?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
altenative rock, classic rock, and blues

Like it says on the poll, "Which sounds better"
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Peavey Classic 30.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^+1 last time i tried both, the classic was sounded alot better(at least in my opinion)

the valveking sounded like a high-end SS amp... thats just my opinion
^ for which styles is the valveking better?
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

I thought they didn't sell Peaveys in Brazil (I used to live there)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Well they do now : )

My first amp was a peavey rage, that was a little over 2 years ago.
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Quote by R_H_C_P
Peavey Classic 30.

+1.

I prefer the classic 30 for nearly everything- only thing the valveking is better for is slightly more pristine cleans (and the classic 50 would have that too, presumably) and it's better for hard rock. IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
pristine cleans? whats that?
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

^ no overdrive/breakup.

the classic 30, whether because of the type of power tubes (it has el84's while the valveking has 6L6's) or because of the lower wattage meaning the tubes are pushed harder, has a nice warmth (just at the beginning of overdrive) on the clean channel, even at quite low volumes. Some people like this (like me) some don't. Depends what you're after, really...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so the classic overdrives a little on the clean channel?
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

^ well, any tube amp will at high enough volumes (or correction, most will. an odd one is designed not to). But yeah, there's a warmth there on the classic even at low volumes. Not really overdrive yet, though.

You'd need to try it really.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, thanks
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!