was fucking sick.

Battle! all the way from Gainesville, Florida opened. Their fan broke down twice on 24 hour drive to get there on time. Great ****ing stuff. Look into them on MySpace if you want to hear some great 'core.

Ability is a local band from Carpinteria, California. Vegan straightedge hardcore. Way posi. Everyone was singing along and it was fucking great.

Stick To Your Guns, missing both of their guitarists and drummer, recruited two kids and Javier from The Warriors to play the best set i've ever heard them play. Apparently their drummer was graduating high school

Contra from Ventura is just alright, but holy sh!t do they play a great set. One of the gnarliest pits i've ever been into. People just go crazy for those local bands.

California studs With Or Without You celebrated vocalist Andy's 30th birthday with one hell of a show. Stage dives all over the place. Singing along to everything; I think he only sang half the songs from how much he was mic'ing the fans.

Vendetta epitomizes the "Nardcore" attitude and style of the Southern California Hardcore scene. You wont see a more intense set then these boys put on.

South Bay hardcore heroes http://www.myspace.com/final fight made a special trick down here to treat The Warriors and everyone at the release show to an amazing set. They wouldn't play any of their old stuff, which was disappointing until they treated everyone to some amazing new material.

The Warriors don't need an introduction. They put on the most brutal set of their careers last night. They just keep getting better and better. If you haven't seen the video for the song Downbeat off the new record, I suggest you look into it. Also, the other video they have is them playing Set The Stage at the same venue they fucking owned last night.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Last edited by SilentSpectacle at Jun 24, 2006,
Quote by shanerdoo
i thought you meant the movie...dammit.

No you didn't; don't try and be funny.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
sounds like a good show! the warriors are really good. i'm really liking vendetta at the moment and will listen to the others later. i still don't get what 'nardcore' means :S (excuse my ignorance)
rites of nothing.
Quote by dead_kennedy
sounds like a good show! the warriors are really good. i'm really liking vendetta at the moment and will listen to the others later. i still don't get what 'nardcore' means :S (excuse my ignorance)

Nardcore was a great scene back in the 80's (and is having a revival).
It just means Oxnard Hardcore, but some of the bands invented "Nardcore"
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
No you didn't; don't try and be funny.

Yeah that wasn't but you can deny that it's one helluva movie

To stay on topic, that sounds like a ****ing awesome show, The Warriors are shaping out to be a really good band.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
sounds like a fun show

<3 set the stage. gonna watch that downbeat vid soon, thanks for the link

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
Nice review dude even though I'm not the biggest fan of most of those bands. Sounds fun still. WHat's nardcore?
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by Gomorrah
WHat's nardcore?

Quote by SilentSpectacle
Nardcore was a great scene back in the 80's (and is having a revival).
It just means Oxnard Hardcore, but some of the bands invented "Nardcore"

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
oops didnt read the whole thread =/
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
ugh the warriors' singers voice gets on my nerves so much....theyre still pretty fun to listen to though..........just thought id throw that out there
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Quote by hXcMacbeth3
ugh the warriors' singers voice gets on my nerves so much....theyre still pretty fun to listen to though..........just thought id throw that out there

It's definetely an...acquired taste.
One reason I like it though is that you can really hear the words he is saying.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
I saw them with Seventh Star Blacklisted and Round for Round.

Holy shit what a good show.

Quote by Doodeyfoodle
I find it amusing that some believe 'talent' is a quantifiable measurement. Its the arts people, not mathematics. Open your minds.
the warriors are amazing
i played with them back in march when they toured with embrace the end
Quote by SilentSpectacle
It's definetely an...acquired taste.
One reason I like it though is that you can really hear the words he is saying.

yeah that is true, his voice is very clear...but it just sounds like a bad comeback kid impersonation to me
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
The Warriors are the kind of band that I wouldn't mind seeing, but would never listen to their record.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.