Hey guys, I just got my new guitar yesterday, but am now writing this review because of excitement. Anyways here is the link for the pics and comment at your discretion. Some of them kind of suck (like the picture of the back which looks MUCH better in person) because my camera's flash is way too bright and I can't turn it off or else the picture is blurry as ****. Well, here is the review:

Price Paid: $660

Features
-Set-Thru neck construction
-See-Through-Blue finish w/Quilted Maple Top
-Mahogany body
-3-piece maple neck
-Rosewood fingerboard
-24 Extra Jumbo frets
-Licensed Floyd Rose Bridge
-Locking Nut
-25.5" neck length
-Natural (wood) binding on body & white binding on the neck & headstock
-Offset block inlays w/MH400 at the 12th fret
-EMG 81 in the bridge and EMG 85 in the neck
-Black Hardware
-Grover Tuners

Sound
Unfortunetaly, I use a Spider II, which has a pretty digital sound, but the EMGs make the distortion better, the 85 makes it pretty smooth, and the cleans are fantastic. Unplugged, this guitar actually has some natural reverb because if you put your ear near the neck joint as you are playing, you can hear the notes ringing. For this guitar can also get a pretty good bluesy tone by sliding back on the tone knob and having a little bit of overdrive on. 10

Looks, Feel, and Playability
This guitar does look phenomonal, with its stained blue quilted maple top, the binding, and the inlays are all perfectly done and not a single blemish or flaw. The guitar also feels nice when sitting down or standing up because of the mahogany body. The guitar is lightweight and the neck isn't all too heavy considering its a maple neck. This thing truely plays beautiful. The action is as low as it can go without buzzing, and all frets are accessible thanks to the Set-Thru neck construction, which actually gets rid of a lot of the heel. The tremelo on this guitar is another high point. I can do dive bombs, harmonic drops, and Jack Owens all day and not go out of tune. Even though the bridge is recessed, it isn't by very much, but it still can go a good bit, more than 2 frets of a bend or 3. 10

Reliability
This guitar is solid, from the construction of the entire thing, to the stabiliy of its parts, it isn't very fragile and can take a beating. I would still use a backup just because it uses a Floyd Rose and a string break can totally **** up the night, but a backup guitar is all you need. Other than that, this thing can go on for ever. 10

Overall Impression
By and by, this guitar is amazing, especially since I paid $660 for this thing, its a steal. I've played Gibsons and Ibanezes that play this good and sound this good. If this guitar got stolen, I would hunt down the person who stole it and kick their ass. Or just buy a new one. This guitar is HIGHLY recommended for any level of expertise of guitar players.

Overall Rating: 10

EDIT!!!: Here are a few of the pics of some of you don't want to go to the link.

Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Last edited by SGStrummer61 at Jun 24, 2006,
All 10s, eh? What a surprise.

But it was a nice summary of the features and analysis of tone etc. Have you posted this on the main site reviews bit?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
What do you mean, other ibanezes? The MH-400 is an ESP. How is the floyd on that? Since it is a liscensed one, I'd think it sucks, but how is it?
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
I'm about to, but really the main reason why I gave it all 10 is because I think it deserves it since I have played a ton of Gibsons and Schecters and Ibanezes that haven't played or sounded as good as this thing. Also, I've had to pretty crappy guitars for 4 years now lol. Also, to Pants99, it is a very good trem. It never goes out of tune and I can dive bomb and do a crapload of other tricks like crazy. You can also remove a spring if its too tight for your likeing and I meant other guitars such as Ibanez, I wasn't reffering the guitar as an Ibanez, I'll fix it.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

Last edited by SGStrummer61 at Jun 24, 2006,
^ ok
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
I will record sound clips, but infortunetaly, it will have to be with my Spider since it is my best amp and I don't have the money for a tube amp.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

You should've reviewed it after a few months of playing it.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
how do you have your spider eqed. you can make it sound surprisingly good if you EQ it really strangely.

crank the highs, mids should be mid/low, and bass should be either halfway or cranked (my old one was too bassy, but when you cranked it it got less bassy? lol..)
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

i want taht guitar, but i dont have any ESP dealers around here...and i cant order off the net...and it would be too expensive...thus resulting in me buying something else of equal or greater performance and playability...but the odds are slim for that...maybe an Ibanez SA36FM...but...its 1139 $with harshell case
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

What country do you hail from? Since if it is the US, then ordering online shouldn't be much of a problem.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

i live in ze canada...and for sure i COULD order off the net, but my parents are fags and WONT buy off the internet...they are paranoid even if its with a well known company
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Wow, that is gay.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

i know, it sucks, if they would just ****ing order off the internet, then i would have SO many choices of guitars!...but since they wont, my choices are bascially Epiphones and Godin's and other not so high end or high quality guitars
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

slap them in the face. that's retarded in today's world to still be afraid of buying from the internet with reputable sites.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.