Page 1 of 4
Erm I am trying to get a Jackson RR guitar....mostly because it looks awsome and they have two awsome Duncan pickups in them...BUT I dunno if I should get one with a Floyd Rose...

I don't use stuff like that much but I MIGHT have to use one for may different reasons
1. I'm now in a metal band....we play LOTS of it....mainly old stuff
2. I might need one in the future so I might as well learn how to use one now...
3. The guitar probably would stay in tune longer
etc
And I don't want a Floyd Rose if i don't need it because I heard that it was a PAIN IN THE ASS to re-string

HELP!!!!
Last edited by fendermustang12 at Jun 24, 2006,
It depends on how much money you want to spend since those guitars range from $700-$2000. Personally, I would get the RR1 because of the sheer quality of it and the trem will come in handy from time to time in playing metal.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Gosh I forgot to say that I'll only have about $1300 to spend...er
Last edited by fendermustang12 at Jun 24, 2006,
amp?

and a floyd rose just has to do with if YOU want it or not. do you want to do whammy tricks?
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Quote by im_hungry
no dont get an mg

Why??? I like MGs. My friend has a 100 watt MG series amp with a $3000 custom Les Paul (yes...I'm a little jealous) and it sounds great
NO. NONONO

AMP>guitar

get a peavey xxx combo, and an RR3
I'm not racist.

Quote by SpIkE27Z
NO. NONONO

AMP>guitar

get a peavey xxx combo, and an RR3

erm I dunno how good Peavey amps are so...pfft
dude you're blowing off a sweet metal TUBE combo and wanting a marshall mg?

you've got some learning to do lol. $600 amp plus $600guitar(peavey/rr3) > $3000 guitar and an MG
I'm not racist.

Quote by SpIkE27Z
dude you're blowing off a sweet metal TUBE combo and wanting a marshall mg?

you've got some learning to do lol. $600 amp plus $600guitar(peavey/rr3) > $3000 guitar and an MG

I know I have learning to do lol I don't have a lot of experience with amps
RIGHT im F.u.C.k.ed off with people slagging off the Marshall MG range. ive got the MG100DFX and i ****ing love it, okay the onboard overdrive isnt great, but its never good on any am except on randalls, and most people (like myself) use pedals. with a distortion pedal, this amp is sick, you got a heavy marshal tone for cheap. yeah 'd like a tube amp, who wouldnt, but the MG is good. i bet half the people who slag them off, have got ****ty 10W kustom KLA10's and bum line 6 or some ****

anyway. when you got a guitar with a wammy, you have to sum up it really, do you play a lot of bends when you jam solo's, and how often do you snap strings, yeah floyd rose do take ages to restring, but boo ****ing hoo, just change the stringyou can do it in 5 minutes. plus because of the locking nuts at the top of the neck and the floyd design it NEVER goes out of tune (because its a locking trem)
the only thing is my mate has the RR3 and he snaps strings a lot on that guitar, and he wishes he got a PRS instead. i also know somebody with an ibanez (not sure on the modal) but he's bringing it to mine to be fixed caus of the floyd rose has worn itself away from the fixings.

the other thing is with wammy compared to fixed briges is the quality of tone. youl have such a nicer tone if you have a fixed bridge (which is why i hate trems), so if you love divebombs, horsing, or other wammy stuff, fine, get a floyd rose, otherwise fixed bridge all the way
B.C. Rich Warlock/Squier Strat/Squier Tele/Godman 5 string active Bass -> Digitech Death Metal -> Dunlop Crybaby -> Marshall MG100DFX
$1300 could get you a used RR1 on ebay very easily. an RR5 would be even easier.

if not that you could even swing an SL1. THOSE are ****ing nice guitars.

i have an RX10D and the floyd isnt MUCH of a pain to string, but make sure it has a quality one cause suck ones get out of tune fast...

oh and dear god dont buy a marshall mg just cause it's "lol marshall". and your friend doesnt have a ****ing $3000 CUSTOM GIBSON and a marshall MG. if he knew enough about guitars to be able to make a quality custom guitar selection, he knows enough about amps that MGs are not good amps. Either that or he's a rich kid, so i could be wrong.

and peavey make incredible amps for good money.

brand =/= quality.
Quote by Howling_stars
RIGHT im F.u.C.k.ed off with people slagging off the Marshall MG range. ive got the MG100DFX and i ****ing love it, okay the onboard overdrive isnt great, but its never good on any am except on randalls, and most people (like myself) use pedals. with a distortion pedal, this amp is sick, you got a heavy marshal tone for cheap. yeah 'd like a tube amp, who wouldnt, but the MG is good. i bet half the people who slag them off, have got ****ty 10W kustom KLA10's and bum line 6 or some ****

anyway. when you got a guitar with a wammy, you have to sum up it really, do you play a lot of bends when you jam solo's, and how often do you snap strings, yeah floyd rose do take ages to restring, but boo ****ing hoo, just change the stringyou can do it in 5 minutes. plus because of the locking nuts at the top of the neck and the floyd design it NEVER goes out of tune (because its a locking trem)
the only thing is my mate has the RR3 and he snaps strings a lot on that guitar, and he wishes he got a PRS instead. i also know somebody with an ibanez (not sure on the modal) but he's bringing it to mine to be fixed caus of the floyd rose has worn itself away from the fixings.

the other thing is with wammy compared to fixed briges is the quality of tone. youl have such a nicer tone if you have a fixed bridge (which is why i hate trems), so if you love divebombs, horsing, or other wammy stuff, fine, get a floyd rose, otherwise fixed bridge all the way

MGs were created by Marshall to feast off the money of guitarist with limited amp knowledge. "Its a Marshall. It must be good" is what most guitarist with limited amp knowledge think. There are way better options with money it costs to buy a Marshall MG.

fendermustang12 don't buy a MG you will regret it. I regret my 30 watt version of it. The overdrive channel's tone is completely disgusting after the volume is past 3.

Those guitars, like someone said are very leapy in price range. The RR1 is out of your range. The RR3 if has a tremelo close to that on my Jackson Warrior XT is complete crap. After 3 divebombs its starts to go out tune by a quarter step or more. There are better options for guitars with better tremolos like higher end Ibanez rgs.

I would get a nice tube combo with that $1300. A peavey XXX would be great for metal.

Just don't buy a Marshall MG.
Current Rig
Guitar: Jackson DK-1
Amp: Peavey JSX 212
Effects: Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, ISP Decimator,
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by xTheSlayerx
MGs were created by Marshall to feast off the money of guitarist with limited amp knowledge. "Its a Marshall. It must be good" is what most guitarist with limited amp knowledge think. There are way better options with money it costs to buy a Marshall MG.

fendermustang12 don't buy a MG you will regret it. I regret my 30 watt version of it. The overdrive channel's tone is completely disgusting after the volume is past 3.

Those guitars, like someone said are very leapy in price range. The RR1 is out of your range. The RR3 if has a tremelo close to that on my Jackson Warrior XT is complete crap. After 3 divebombs its starts to go out tune by a quarter step or more. There are better options for guitars with better tremolos like higher end Ibanez rgs.

I would get a nice tube combo with that $1300. A peavey XXX would be great for metal.

Just don't buy a Marshall MG.

i've seen RR1s go for a grand even a lot, actually. especially on harmony-central.
Quote by SeraphSlaughter
i've seen RR1s go for a grand even a lot, actually. especially on harmony-central.

Most of the ones I looked at on harmony-central were older models and bought off ebay.
Current Rig
Guitar: Jackson DK-1
Amp: Peavey JSX 212
Effects: Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, ISP Decimator,
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Howling_stars
RIGHT im F.u.C.k.ed1. off with people slagging off the Marshall MG range. ive got the MG100DFX and i ****ing love it2., okay the onboard overdrive isnt great3., but its never good on any am except on randalls4., and most people (like myself) use pedals. with a distortion pedal, this amp is sick, you got a heavy marshal tone for cheap5.. yeah 'd like a tube amp, who wouldnt, but the MG is good. i bet half the people who slag them off, have got ****ty 10W kustom KLA10's and bum line 6 or some ****6.

1. You're obviously retarded if you spell/swear like that.
2. As usual, you're only defending it because you own it.
3. FUCKING DUH
4. You just proved you should never be listened to, ever, about anything, at all.
5. Yeah. A distortion pedal is going to make a solid-state amp sound like a Marshall.
6. I own a Vox AD60VT. That's a $700 amp. I could have bought a Traynor, I could have bought a Hot Rod, I could have bought a used JCM800. But I didn't, because I tried this one and liked it. You, on the other hand, walked into a store, said "OOOH SHINY GOLD... LOLOLOL IT SEZ MARSHASLADLASGNASGL LOLOLOL MUST HAV!!!!!" And bought it on the spot.

Threadstarter: You sound like you want an RR5.
^Pwned.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
hey nice avatar, and title.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
^Pwned.

Nuff said.

seriously though, to the threadstarter, get an RR5 and a nice tube combo (peavey like people suggested)

someone give danno a "teh pwner" commendation or something!
Quote by Danno13
1. You're obviously retarded if you spell/swear like that.
2. As usual, you're only defending it because you own it.
3. FUCKING DUH
4. You just proved you should never be listened to, ever, about anything, at all.
5. Yeah. A distortion pedal is going to make a solid-state amp sound like a Marshall.
6. I own a Vox AD60VT. That's a $700 amp. I could have bought a Traynor, I could have bought a Hot Rod, I could have bought a used JCM800. But I didn't, because I tried this one and liked it. You, on the other hand, walked into a store, said "OOOH SHINY GOLD... LOLOLOL IT SEZ MARSHASLADLASGNASGL LOLOLOL MUST HAV!!!!!" And bought it on the spot.

Threadstarter: You sound like you want an RR5.

i dub thee "teh pwner"
nope i figured i might as well change cos its starting to get boring. but cmon ESP and Caparison are the bomb
The 29 frets of my [not yet] Rhoads makes your little horus look insignificant.
yep. but standard esps > standard jacksons
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by Sn^ke
The 29 frets of my [not yet] Rhoads makes your little horus look insignificant.

what since when did you get 29 frets and can you even get good playability out of it
^^How so? When you pay as much as that for a guitar you expect not to have to change anything. And you don't for either guitar. Except maybe pickups for either (which is all preference). You could argue about the Fender buyout of Jackson, but they kept all the employees and the same factories. They just slapped the Fender name on em.

^ Sex factor my friend... It's all about the eye sex...
he said [not yet].

i just prefer esp's if thats alright.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
he said [not yet].

i just prefer esp's if thats alright.

yeh but have you seen a rhoads with 29 frets
the jackson custom shop does what ever you want.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Anyway, to sum it up. There's not a lot of difference between guitars after $2000.

2 grand USA Jackson, 40 grand PRS, whatever.
yeah. i just prefer esp.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Page 1 of 4