ok i got a hsh config on a strat style body, ibanez i think. it uses a strat type s1 switch with a volume and 2 tone pots. i want to rewire my pups so i can use the folowing pup config when playing

1. bridge
2. mid
3. neck
4. both hums
5. all 3

i cant find places online to show me how to do it. so can someone help. diagrams are always welcome 2
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
thats one hell of a setup. I highly doubt you will be able to find that. sorry. but good news! if you mess around long enough, like i did, you will be able to make your own diagram!
K. Here's the wiring diagram I made. Sorry it's crappy...
Teh rundown:
Position 1: Neck Humbucker
Position 2: Neck Humbucker, Bridge Humbucker
Position 3: Bridge Humbucker
Position 4: Neck Humbucker, Bridge Humbucker, Middle Single Coil
Position 5: Middle Single Coil

If you want the Middle Single Coil reverse wound, just swap the light green and dark green lines.

Quote by Gitter_Wizard
thats one hell of a setup. I highly doubt you will be able to find that. sorry. but good news! if you mess around long enough, like i did, you will be able to make your own diagram!

You mean like that?
Last edited by Fast_Bear at Jun 24, 2006,
would it work the same if my neck and mid had 3 wires on each. bridge only has 2. would the same diagram work for that?
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
naw, there not active. the 3 wire hum is out of a jackson and i bought it off a friend of mine so i dont got the papers on it. the 3 wire single is a Hot Rails, but I aint got the papers on that one either.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Just look in the guitar, and find out which color wires on each pickup are Hot (to the switch) and which are Ground (to the back of a pot). To have those configurations, you'll need a 4p5t "Superswitch", easy to get hold of. If you can get one, I'll draw something. But for now, look in the guitar and take notes of which wires are hot, and which are ground, on each pickup. But Fast Bear's way works too.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Jun 24, 2006,
Quote by metalmilitia74
naw, there not active. the 3 wire hum is out of a jackson and i bought it off a friend of mine so i dont got the papers on it. the 3 wire single is a Hot Rails, but I aint got the papers on that one either.

Ohh, I see. On the single coil one of the wires is the sheilding wire. Just ground that. It should be different from the other wires.

Asfor the humbucker. It is either capable of coil tapping, or it also has a sheild.
you know that a humbucker is basically 2 single coil pickusp smashed together right? Coil tapping is when you turn off one of thsoe coils for a single coil sound.

With your current configuration I would suggest you either get a SPST as an on/off switch for one of the coils, or you just solder the 2 outputs together, and treat em like one wire..

Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Just look in the guitar, and find out which color wires on each pickup are Hot (to the switch) and which are Ground (to the back of a pot). To have those configurations, you'll need a 4p5t "Superswitch", easy to get hold of. If you can get one, I'll draw something. But for now, look in the guitar and take notes of which wires are hot, and which are ground, on each pickup. But Fast Bear's way works too.

With that way you have to buy parts. But it will probably be eazier to put together.. But you already have the switch for my method. It is up to you.
ok cool bear. im gonna try your way. thanks for your help. you just saved me like 40 bucks. so thanks.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
one more thing bear, in your drawing its not labeled which is the ground so im not really sure which wires are hot and whaat not.
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Teh position of teh pickups are to represent the physical position of the pickups. I don't commonly think fo pickups as "GROUND AND HOT" But as "coil start" and "coil beginning".

Just wire it up exactly like that. If you don't connect teh "ground" wires from the pickups to the switch only, it won't work. <_<

So yea, left side of pickups have "ground wires" and right sides are "hot" wires...
Last edited by Fast_Bear at Jun 24, 2006,
ok cool thanks man
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.