Hi everyone. I've recently decided to begin learning to play but need a little bit of advice from seasoned players. I'm interested in an acoustic-electric with a soft cutaway. I'm leaning towards a Breedlove Atlas Series that goes for approximately $750. The reviews seem very good but don't know anything with regards to guitar makers, quality, ect. What are your guys' thoughts on this brand? Also what is the difference between a concert body style and dreadnought body style.

Sorry for all the newbie questions and Thanks for any help!
Dont go so expensive. IFFFF you end up not liking guitar, it's a waste!!

I have an Alvarez Rd8C. You can get one new WITH a hard case (good quality one too) for less than $300, and it's a mighty fine guitar. Honestly, I've never even thought about getting another acoustic, and i play alot of guitar, mostly acoustic. Even my friend with an $800 acoustic likes mine more.
Are you brand new to guitar? If you are, welcome!

Now onto your questions...I know Breedlove is a good brand, but I don't know anything about the individual series with them. In that price range, I would definietly recommend Alvarez, and Takamine as well. Whatever you do, make sure you get a solid top on the guitar, prefereably spruce or cedar. You can also get at the very least a solid back in the price range. Finally, a dreadnought guitar is better suited for some acoustic rockin', as I like to call it, and the concert style is better for light strumming and finger picking.

Hope I helped, and feel fortunate that you're able to get a nice guitar your first time 'round!

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by DLDude
Dont go so expensive. IFFFF you end up not liking guitar, it's a waste!!

I have an Alvarez Rd8C. You can get one new WITH a hard case (good quality one too) for less than $300, and it's a mighty fine guitar. Honestly, I've never even thought about getting another acoustic, and i play alot of guitar, mostly acoustic. Even my friend with an $800 acoustic likes mine more.

Don't listen to him, for these two reasons:

1. Even if you decide you don't like to play your guitar...you will be able to sell a nice guitar, and end up losing less money then if you bought a cheap guitar first time around. Assuming you take care of it, that is.

2. Alvarez is a great brand. However, for less than 100 more then an RD8, you can get the RD20S, which has a solid top, while the RD8 does not. Also, to me, it sounds like your friend bought the wrong guitar if it sounds better than your $300 Alvarez.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.