Alright, so, im going to attach a picture of my guitar, i used to think it was an American Stratocaster, but its not. I took it in to a guitar shop once and they said they havent seen something like my guitar a lot, i dont remember what they called it. It was made in 1984, fender stratocaster. If anyone can tell me what kinda guitar they think it is, id appreciate it. Its probably something simple but whatever. oh yaa, nd the back doesnt have all the springs and the spot where you put the strings in, the peeps at the guitar shop thought that was different.
Attachments:
gutiar head.jpg
pickguard.jpg
body of guitar.jpg
IMG_0662.bmp
could it possibly be a Fender neck on a fake body???Where did you get it and when?
hmm. don't stratocasters usually have a different input jack? weird.
I don't jump around when I go to shows.
No, during the late 70's and early 80's Fender produced a cheaper line of strats to compete with the Japanese Market. They only had one volume, and one tone knob, a jack on the pickgaurd, and they had a hardtail bridge. This reduced the price on the strats a little bit, but they eventually realized it was alot cheaper just to buy the japanese companies than to keep producing these. Yes, it is a Fender Stratocaster.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
1st reply- ya but its a certain kind of stratocaster.
2nd- i dont think it is.
3rd- ya strats usually do have differnt inputs thats part of whats confusing me.
4th- the strings are put in the top of the bridge instead of through the back.
5th- but my guitar wasnt cheap, it was worth around 1000 dollars.

does temporary stratocaster sound familiar to anyone?
Yeah, what i meant was they were cheap at the time of production, but they're worth a decent amount now because they were a limited run.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)