Okay im trying to save up for a Hot Rod Deluxe which would be around $600 but today someone offered to sell me a Peavey Classic .. not sure exactly what kind but its used ... for $300.

Now I play mainly blues, mainly a SRV tone some slight overdrive. I use a MIA Strat. I would buy a tubescreamer eventually but I want to know what is the better buy.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Get the fender, nicer cleans imo, and with a tubescreamer will get you an awesome blues and srv tone.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
peavey, better distortion, good cleans, i like it better than the fender
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I would go peavey because it will do the job just as well as the hot rod for half the price. The Classic series has more gain to it than the Fenders.
The Fender has slightly better cleans than the Peavey, but the Peavey's drive channel beats the Fender's by a long shot. If you go with the Peavey, you might not need a Tubescreamer.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by Cadd99
For $300 can you really go wrong on a tube amp?

Yeah it is pretty cheap.

I think Im going to have to go and try it out and make my decision, and Im trying not to base my descision on price becuase this will be the 2nd amp I buy and I want to make the right choice about amps this time around. So Im just looking at the better amp.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Definately go for the Hot Rod mate, if you're not gonna' use the overdrive on the Peavey then it's prob not worth gettin' as the Fender has better cleans, and pairs amazingly with overdrive pedals.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30