I am in the market for a new guitar geared towards metal. My price range is $700. The things I am looking for are: Hot pickups, 24 frets, no trem, locking tuners, and a mahogany body. I think my best option is a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, although i hear the neck is not too fast. What do you guys think?
Id suggest buying a more versital guitar so that when you move on from metal your not stuck with a guitar geared toward one certain genre.
But that's not what I'm looking for I'm looking for a metal guitar. If I wanted something for other genres I would buy something for other genres. I'm not trying to flame or anything, but you pretty much just ignored what I said when I spelled out what I was looking for.
The Hellraiser is a great choice. As far as I know, though, it doesn't have locking tuners.

Schecter necks play great IMO. I own a C-1. The thing is, they have finish on the back. If you prefer the feel of an unfinished neck (like a Strat), it may not be for you.

This should be in the Electric Guitar Forum, by the way.
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

Last edited by gaspasser88 at Jun 25, 2006,
Its not that great of a neck, in my opinion. I'm used to jacksons and ibanez's. I was totally geared to getting a hellraiser to, but I just wasn't feeling it. Like the other guy said, look at some of these ESP/LTD's, I got a JH-600 instead and love it.
^ about the JH-600, it's a bit out of my price rance, which isn't a big deal, but I don't want a guitar with a trem, as I already have a guitar with a trem. Thanks for the advice about the Hellraiser though.
i played the ltd ec-1000, and i didnt like the feel of it. i played the hellraiser and fell in love. the emgs provide such a good metal sound, id recommend it over the ltd. its alost alot cheaper than the ltd too. i know shecter does make a floyd rose version of it, but thats personal preference if you want a tremmy.
Our lives are pretty much the same, but mine cost $14.99 a month.

-I play WoW.
yeah, i was looking for a trem. its all about preference, my best advice would be trying it out. because you dont want to buy a guitar off the net that feels like complete trash in your hands, its all about personal preference dude.