Hey guys i was just wondering how you tune to drop D, like if theres a special way of doing it on ur guitar or if u need a tuner. Peace
Well you would need a tuner if you arent too good at tuning by ear. you can always tune the low E down to D using the upper D string. There really is no special way to do it unless you have a Floyd Rose then it gets to be a pain in the arse
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
2003 American Fender Stratocaster
2005 Schechter C-1 Blackjack
'62 Fender Twin Reverb
Marshall JCM800
2002 Fender Fretless Jazzbass
CryBaby Wah
Line 6 POD XT Live

"My student SLEPT with your honor student"
I'm positive there's plenty of articles and forum posts if you search for it (because that's how I learned).

but basically, you tune to standard tuning, hold down the 7th fret on the E string, then play that with the open A string and tune the E string down until they sound the same.

OR

you can just tune it to the D string and octave lower.

your final result should be DADGBE.

But to the untrained ear, you should use a tuner first.
Tune the E to sound the same as A, when you are pressing the 7th fret on the E.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
put your amp on the clean channel or whatever and pick your 6th string (low E) and your fourth string (D) and then while they're still rinnging loosen your 6th string until it sounds like your 4th
Quote by ifeastonbums
put your amp on the clean channel or whatever and pick your 6th string (low E) and your fourth string (D) and then while they're still rinnging loosen your 6th string until it sounds like your 4th

*THIRD STRING

edit: well, i guess it depends on your point of view
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Tuning thread at the top of this forum

^ The Low E (thickest string) is the 6th string, the High E is the 1st string.
Common practice.
Been away, am back
act like youre tuning your a string by hitting your e string at the 5th fret but instead hit the e string at the 7th fret until it sounds like your a string
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!