hey im very close to buying a metal zone and a chorus stompbox but im wondering...would an effects board be better in the long run

the only effects i would ever really use would be distortion, chorus, delay and wah

is it more effecient to get just the board or find the seperate pedals...I mean the pedals would be way more customisable right?

(I was looking at a boss gt3 but it dosent look very customisable)
Definatelly go for separate pedals
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Seperate pedals are going to be a lot more versatile then a multi effects pedal. The Multi effects is going to get you more effects for the money though.
i had a gnx3 and it was cool, but it had way to many effects for me to actually dial in and fine tune, kinda took the fun out of it for me....sadly i sold it and now i am down to compressor and the overdrive on my amp...
Slowhand 03/23/07
The UG Eric Clapton Fan Club

PM clapton-floyd to join
yea im currently bidding on a metal zone for around $70aus and I can get a chrous for $80aus.....does that sound good?

(im fully gonna get owned but...geese i suck at ebay)
i like multi, but its good for me becuase i use it for recording, lotsa effects, whammy, and bass
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
it depends bcuz i hav a multi-effects board and i kinda regret it cuz i cant use chorus and distortion at the same time...its up to the amount of effects u wanna use...this has many types of distortion and chorus but i can only use one at a time
Squier Stratocaster
B.C. Rich Beast
Conrad 40110 (12-string Acoustic)
15 Watt Squier Amp
12 Watt B.C. Rich Amp
PODxt Live
Quote by Canada911
is there a major difference between the ds-1 and the mt-2

Yes. The DS-1 only sounds good if you have a good amp. The MT-2 doesn't sound good at all.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Yes. The DS-1 only sounds good if you have a good amp. The MT-2 doesn't sound good at all.

Well said...thank you
so should I stop bidding...

Im only after if because my amp only switches from clean to boost when i use the footswitch and i hate the boost channel...oh and my guitar teacher gave it heaps of praise

oh and I hav an ashton GA-80
Zoom makes multi effects pedals that I've become quite fond of. They give you a lot of effects to mix as you please. But generally, multi effects require a sacrifice of adjustability and often sound quality. But seeing as I use a ton of effects and don't have much money, multi effects suit me well.

If you're only going to use those few effects, I would just get the individual pedals.

And if you don't like the boost channel on your amp, an overdrive pedal could help out with that. A Boss SD-1 or a Maxon/Ibanez Tubescreamer would work as a boost to the drive channel to add some gain and possilby improve the sound quality.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
well my guitar has a really sharp sound to it

so when i set the clean nice to compensate the boost goes all disgusting

so I was hoping that a chorus pedal will make my clean sound nice and the metal zone can replace my crappy boost channel

btw im into children of bodom, megadeth, ensiferum, norther, ozzy osbourne (I love the juicy chorus cleans) black label society, steve vai, stratovarius

so would a ds-1 suit me more than a metal zone?
Single Pedals mos' def'. Out of the 3238957650986653 different FX on a proccesor, you might use 10 tops. Are there any certain FX out there you want?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
read first post

oh and i might use flanger lightly...but hardley ever
dude your really bad at taking advice. Dont ****ing be an ass when someones trying to help you cause im certainly aint gonna ****ing help ya now.
hence the deletion of all my past posts...
Quote by Canada911
read first post

oh and i might use flanger lightly...but hardley ever

Well, just any effects you want, always get singles. For the record, Boss is the way to go with both single pedals and FX proccessors and Line 6 makes some killer modeling pedals.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by HeartInACage
dude your really bad at taking advice. Dont ****ing be an ass when someones trying to help you cause im certainly aint gonna ****ing help ya now.
hence the deletion of all my past posts...
or mabye your over reacting