Poll: Fender Telecaster or Fender Stratocaster?
Poll Options
View poll results: Fender Telecaster or Fender Stratocaster?
Stratocaster
32 51%
Telecaster
31 49%
Voters: 63.
Page 1 of 2
I was just curious to people opinions to which they prefer. Im torn about which one I'd rather have. Currently I own a Fender Fat Strat, but Im feeling that that may have been a mistake. The telecasters look and tone just seem to surpass the strat, although again, Im torn.
go try out a tele,crank up the distortion,put it ont the neck pick-up and roll off the tone knob and play a solo....you just might trade in your strat it sound so sweet.
Oh ive played the goddess, and i loved what i heard. If money were not an issue, I'd buy one in a heart beat.
both guitars are great i have an american tele and a american deluxe fat strat,love'm both equally.
Haha 6 and 6. Pwned.

I love the tele personally, unforgiving to wrong notes and players who dont use their hands properly, but to those who do...
i also have a peavey wolfgang special,thats a very cool guitar also
unsuprisngly, another amazing guitar is...every PRS, although i have never owned one...one day....
For me it has to be a Strat loaded with Lindy Fralin harness with a volume pull pot for tele sounding goodness.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Dude, its all preference. Asking that gets you bad results. Theyre as different as night and day. Thats like asking "Rap or Rock" or "MTV or FUSE" or "With or Without fries"...etc. Its allll preference my friend.

Plus, they sound and feel wwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyy different from eachother.
FUSE? Dammit off subject, I'd have to say Tele, I don't like the feel of the Strat. If you know what I mean.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by mystique facade
^ dude definitely with fries

^

Anyways, because I own a Strat (40th anniversery American Made w/HotRails) Im going to say Strat. IMO theyre a little more versitile...even though I see that A LOT of hardcore bands using Tele's nowadays for some reason...
Tele, FTW. Tele's are great guitars and exceed Strats in almost every way, minus the fret access. After I get my ESP Viper 400, my next guitar is probably going to be a Tele.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by Ambulance X
Tele, FTW. Tele's are great guitars and exceed Strats in almost every way,

in your opinion*
I AM TRUTH!!! Haha, not really. But Tele's really are great guitars. I think they're far better built compared to Strat's and the bridge and neck don't feel nearly as flimsy.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
^ Have you tried an actual American made Strat?? Or like just a MIJ or MIM...theres HUGE difference between them quality wise.
^MIJ Fenders are amazing.

And Strats and Teles are different sounding/feeling guitars, Teles are more twangy at the bridge pickup, and mellower in the neck position than Strats, and Strats have their own sound and so on.

But I like Strats just a tiny bit more than Teles, just personal preference.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Soundwise - Tele
Aesthetically - Tele

As already said, overdrive, neck pickup, tone rolled off slightly. Ahhh heaven
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
Hi my MIM Strat is the most playable guitar ive ever picked up. I think its all in the personal setup no matter what the guitar is (over the $400 mark) Im not talking crap like the stratacustic (i bought 1 what a mistake) thats another story.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
telecaster. so versatile, and in my opinion looks sexier than t3h strat.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
It's all about what kind of sound ur trying to get. telecasters have a bit more twang in the sound and they're a bit more clear in tone. The strats are more of a rough, heavy, out of control sound. When I was getting my first REAL guitar (unless u consider a cheap $100 guitar that comes with a little battery powered amp a real guitar) I tried out both. I liked the tele, but the strat did it a little more for me in terms of my style. Just make sure of one thing: if u get a strat, get a humbucker on the bridge pickup. it provides an amazing tone u just can't beat. The humbucker comes already on the fat strat or the HSS.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
^

Anyways, because I own a Strat (40th anniversery American Made w/HotRails) Im going to say Strat. IMO theyre a little more versitile...even though I see that A LOT of hardcore bands using Tele's nowadays for some reason...

tell me more about these hot rails.
Quote by j120strat
has anyone herd the tone that brad paisley gets from his tele type guitar.

Well he has his own signiture Tele for one...and more then half the tone he gets is probably from his amps/rack gear.

Quote by j120strat
tell me more about these hot rails.

HotRails are basically super high output humbuckers that fit into a single coil slot on a pickguard.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=hotrails
(^ thats both hotrails for strat and tele)

Theyre VERY middy, and will push any amp into overdrive.
The EQ on them is like L: 6 M: 8 H: 4
Very tough choice, I own both a Strat and a Tele and I love them both but I feel that the Strat is more versitile.
I've owned 2 Strats, a Fender Mexican-made 10 years ago and now a 2001 American Standard. I prefer Teles.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by j120strat
i have a fat strat ,would a hot rain in the neck mesh with the bridge humbucker.

would a what?
Tele. They can actually pull off simple, Strats just looks boring.

But still

Strat's neck pickups are awesome.

As are all-white strats with gold hardware.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
would a what?

I think he meant a "Hot Rails." And yeah, it would most likely go with a bridge humbucker. DiMarzio also makes some good high output stacked humbuckers, such as the Fast Track series and the Chopper.
Hi, I'm Peter
You can get a Hotrails for a Tele too. That's sex.

Its really all in your fingers, a good player can get any sound out of a tele, from twang, to blues, to growl. I like strats and all.. but they just dont compare. Wow, one extra pickup, the middle position, which noone uses..
Quote by j120strat
i dont think i could ever get rid of that lipstick pickup at the neck of a tele.

As much as Id like to try out a single coil sized humbucker, Im with you on that
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
Quote by j120strat
i dont think i could ever get rid of that lipstick pickup at the neck of a tele.

is that for cosmetic reasons or sound reasons

sounds comes before looks.
I dont see why people like fenders so much. to me they I would think they would be played for country.... idk...
^Because people have different opinions than you?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^ Yeah seriously lol.

But thats the way it is with Gibson as well. I mean really...theres only like 4 "main" guitars.

Gibson LP, Gibson SG, Fender Strat, Fender Tele.

Practically every guitar is based on those general designs.

Oh and also Ibanez Rawker (laff)...because Fenders are nice guitars
Page 1 of 2