now that i have your attention from you thinking im spamming, i need some help...i was at the guitar shop today putting another down payment on my Austin Strat...and i was walking arounda s my mom talked to the lady about violins...so as im walking around, i see a BEAUTIFUL ibanez...it was an Ibanez SA36FM...and i was like "hey this is pretty nice"...its 1139 dollars (canadian) with an Ibanez hardshell case...should i take back my money on the Austin and put it on the Ibanez?...the ibanez is a neck thru design, 22 frets...dot inlay, ****ing nice binding on the body and neck, flame maple...or..mahogony...i cant remember...so what should i do?...take the 345 dollars on the Austin and put it on the 1139$ Ibanez?...am i good enough for that guitar?...should i get it?...heres a link to the Ibanez:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_canada.html

ok well that link is a fag, but just go to SA series, then SAS36FM...and thats it

what do i do?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Whatever you do, don't encourage the people at Austin to continue with business.
The Ibanez is hella nice. I take it you're a relative beginner at guitar, so you should ask yourself if you're ready to dedicate a LOT of time to your instrument. You don't want to spend that much for a guitar and let it go to waste by not playing it like you should. If you feel you are ready to put your soul into the guitar, go with the Ibanez.
^ well the austin im buying isnt too bad, i played it and loved it...and it has a solid alder body, maple neck/fretboard and junk...and im a n00b to guitar, but everyone is...ive been playing for like 2 and half years...and im not half ass...but i mean...1139 for a guitar, is quite alot...and it would take me a really really long time to get it, wereas that Ausstin i will have in my room next weekend
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

i know...but...ahh...im afraid that if i buy this guitar, that it costs so damn much that i will be too afraid to use it or bring it anywhere
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

i was gonna buy that guitar but instead i got a schecter... anyways ya its a ****ing sweet guitar but only buy it if your gonna play it... in the end its up to you... but I SAY GET IT!!!
but thing is, i only make about...like...80 bucks a month...and then with birthdays and christmas and **** i will only be able to afford it like next summer...ahhh i hate descisions....i would LOVE to get it, but i dont think i will...i might save up for a Jackson Dinky of some sort...maybe the one with the maple neck and black sharktooth inlays on a mape fretboard...mmmm secks
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Well, it depends. If you like to do a lot of whammy tricks and use the trem a lot, then try getting an LFR or OFR bridge since they will help keep in tune better. Also, with a guitar like the one I just got, I have really nice pickups and don't need to swap them out, but a lot of the time, you need to swap out Ibanez pickups since they aren't that great. Just do what you want to do.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
yeah...see when i was a n00b to gutiar, like...first starting out...i didnt know how to use my whammy bar...then i sold that guitar and got a sg...and sg's dont have whammy bars...just a stopbar...so i havent messed with a whammy bar in a long time...but on my next guitar i would like to have a Floyd Rose on it so i can be cool like DragonForce!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The Pickle Man
Whatever you do, don't encourage the people at Austin to continue with business.
The Ibanez is hella nice. I take it you're a relative beginner at guitar, so you should ask yourself if you're ready to dedicate a LOT of time to your instrument. You don't want to spend that much for a guitar and let it go to waste by not playing it like you should. If you feel you are ready to put your soul into the guitar, go with the Ibanez.

Why, do you just not like them, or did they pull a "Krank"?
Just buy the Ibanez, it will better suit you in the end, Im positive it plays beautifully.

And once you get hooked on it you wont fear playing it
hahahahaa i love moose penis!??!.....haha i didnt do that
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

the S series?...or maybe its SZ....i cant remember...are they cheaper?...because i never really wanted this ibanez, but it was there on a deal with the case so i started to think about it..but if its not the on i really want, there is no way i am going to pay 1139 dollar for it
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

its one of them that has the zr trem but seriously should try the ibanez out and see if you will keep liking it 6 months on
S Series go for around 400 - 600 USD...great guitars, only reason I don't like em' would be they have 22 frets...
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
well sure i know i would like it, its beautiful, the binding on the body and neck is beautiful...but i can get other guitars that i have wanted all my life for the same price as one that i just think plays the same as the austin i was going to get..and probably still will get...for way cheaper...im not saying the austin is ibanez quality, cause its not for sure...but in terms of the neck, i didnt see much difference...the Ibanez was a little thinner...but im used to fat necks anyway...so basically there isnt much point in me getting it...if i had the money lying around...i definantly would...but it will take me almsot a year to get 1139 dollars for a guitar i find plays quite similaras my 345 dollar austin on a clean setting...on a distorted setting the ibanez would be better cause it has a humbucker in the bridge...and my austin is 3 single coils...but...i just like the way the austin plays more...and it looks really nice...and so does the ibanez...but even though im fully committed to guitar, im not ready to spend over 1000 dollars on something that i jsut randomly found in the shop...not the one i REALLY want
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

the Ibanez only has 22...SAS36FM

EDIT: thats another reason, my SG has 22 frets...and so does this ibanez...if it had 24 i would consider buying it more...but...the austin has 21 like the usual strat...and ill have to deal with it
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

well its not taht im not ready for it, its taht im too poor for it...if i had the spare money lying around then for sure id buy it, but i dont, so to spend that much on a guitar that i never ever looked into buying before, and am having doubts about it now...is just not right...so..its not the one for me...when i found the austin, i knew that that was the one for me...it was awesome..so i put it on layaway..the ibanez didnt talk to me like the austin did
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

man i never new guitars could talk well only advice i can give you now is to do a back to back comparison, pros and cons, then a heads and tails to decide
yeah tahts what im going to have to do...i wish i compared them back to back yesterday..i should have
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

oh well i would take the ibanez just seems to have more of a good reputation than any other guitar manufacturers even my beloved ESP and Caparison
yeah...well the high end Ibanez's are great, dont get me wrong...but everyone has their own opinions...if i told them to pick whether they wanted an Austin strat...or and Ibanez SA...they would pick the Ibanez because of its good reputation..and because Austin makes alot of low end guitars made of **** wood...they put the whole company down...when they are good, with good prices...and not just beginner guitars like everyone thinks... the Austin strat im getting is hella nice too...alder body, wilkinson trem...locking tuners...maple neck/fretboard...plays beautifully...and its on sale for 345 with tax.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn