My second song post let me know what you think! (Crit for Crit)
I know CCr shoud mean Creedence Clearwater but I dont have room to write
Cross Canadian Ragweed in the heading!

http://esnips.com/doc/35fc679e-a1c0-4c6e-8a92-bcec156b300d/lighthouse-keeper-dave.mp3
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Last edited by dcoyle4040 at Jun 24, 2006,
i havent heard this song by creedence, but it sounds great, is this just you and one guitar? i'd say the gain and distortion were too loud, it sounded like a second guitar in there a bit doing the higher pitched stuff but i couldnt be too sure because the distortion was a bit heavy.
I put this on my ipod, played back great
It also plays back through my mac with headphones plugged in. Like the tone on guitar that is nice gritty tone. I like the way the vocals stand out also.

Sounded good to me, I wouldn't tweak it much more as you may then ruin the feel of the song.

good work.
only complaint i have is your guitar tone, otherwise extremely good, nice vocal work and all that jazz.. very very catchy! Edit: did you play and sing at the same time?
Last edited by AlpineHigh at Jun 25, 2006,
Yes the whole recording was done at the same time and on one guitar. thanks for the Crits. Let me know If I missed anybody on the Crit 4 Crit.
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Not exactly my type of music but It seemed very clean and nicely arranged. No faults anywhere that i noticed. Keep it up man.
AIM - JanesAdd1cti0n

The Rain And Snow

We've been reduced to ruin in this noncalibrated earth that has stumbled upon us.
I liked it a lot, you have good pitch. I think if you were going to play it just yourself without a full band it would sound better acoustic but thats just my opinion.
The vocals are great, really good all in all. I agree with evansut7, if it's just going to be one guy I'd try an acoustic version.
Thanks. It is going to be played with a full band once I can get them all to show up for practice at the same time!!!!
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
Hey man. I really liked it. Your singing (voice, timing ect.) is very good and you have also a nice voice. guitar play is also very good. but for me it sound not very difficult too play even if I don`t know the song. so keep your work up.
*No Advertising*
Thanks for the crit...

That's really good! Your vocals sound great with the lyrics and I personally really like the guitar tone on this. I think you'd need something else if you were to add other instruments to the mix, but as a guitar only mix it fits well in my opinion.

A bit of hammond organ and a brush kit would make that track perfect
Really, really sweet. I hope you will try writtin' some stuff by yourself, because you got a nice "rock" voice.
Quote by Yakult
Why are you talking to yourself? Stay off the drugs
by the way, what did you use when you recorded this?
Quote by Yakult
Why are you talking to yourself? Stay off the drugs
I like it a lot. I particularly love the tone. Vocals are great, too. What settings did you use? It sounds like the gain is ed on the clean channel.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Sounds good. our voice reminds me a lot of Mike Cooley from the Drive By Truckers.. and that CCR song is very similar to Cottonseed from The Dirty South album.. so that could be it too. The guitar might have been a touch overdriven.. but the distorted idea is cool evern for a one guitar one voice arrangment of the song like that.

Nice to hear you singing. Tell those other queers in your band to get practcing.. we need to seea gig soon!
hey, sorry about the late reply. I realy liked the song, awesome vocals, wish i could sing like you for my songs! The guitar sounds a bit distorted as other people have said but i think its sounds good like that!

excellent!