Anyone here have any idea how he can bang on his strings yet only the note he wants to play is heard? It's like he's stumming all the strings but one one is ringing out?
if your talking about like on the song cold shot or pride and joy, you just mute all the other strings. its not a very hard technique, i can play both of those songs pretty decent
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by V12prowler
if your talking about like on the song cold shot or pride and joy, you just mute all the other strings. its not a very hard technique, i can play both of those songs pretty decent

yeah I can do pride and joy pretty good and I'm working on cold shot. I was watching El Macombo and he was playing Voodoo chile. I can do it like he does ok, but I can still hear some of the muted strings coming through. It's still fun to play it that way though
i think his little wing is better than the original and thats saying alot.
Quote by V12prowler

the rude mood muting is a lot harder though, i can do pride and joy pretty no problem, but rude mood is tougher because its essentially pride and joy but a lot faster.
SRV really is amazing. I didn't realize this until I saw him performing Texas Flood on a TV screen at Fry's Electronics. His technique is incredible and is playing is so emotional. It's a shame he had to die the way he did.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
SRV really is amazing. I didn't realize this until I saw him performing Texas Flood on a TV screen at Fry's Electronics. His technique is incredible and is playing is so emotional. It's a shame he had to die the way he did.

Texas Flood on El Macambo is one of the best solo's I've heard/seen. I had to keep skipping back and watching it over and over again.